Can Zgemma name listed on Router be change ?

Patch1

Hi. Just noticed Zgemma name is showing in my VM Cable Router under attached Devices is there a way to re- name it to something else ??

If you log into the router you can rename the devices (only issue is these routes use netbios so if the device disconnects it will go back to original name when connected again)

If you log into the router you can rename the devices (only issue is these routes use netbios so if the device disconnects it will go back to original name when connected again)
Thanks ill take a look again but initially i couldn't find the option to re-name.

It's a freeview box , plus if they call you about it just ask them "Are you allowed to see what is connected to my router ?"

hi tried that Menu>Setup>System>Network>Mounts Setup>Mount Manager - scroll down to Change Hostname but it still shows as zgemma when i log into router is their a plugin that i can install to mask the zgemma name

Why change name ? The box is sold as a FTA receiver, Which is perfectly legal. What you do afterwards is up to you A provider has got no interest what your box is called or it's up address

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when you have more than one i would just like to change it so it looks like i only have one

Last edited:
need this myself... phoned my isp up as been struggling with speeds... they said lets do some checks phone lines fine with little noise... then they said lets see if anything is hammering your bandwith and slowing everything else down... then they said they were looking at my connected devices oh i see a zgemma connected that uses alot of your bandwith and asked me to unplug it and then retry some speedtests without it on.

hi tried that Menu>Setup>System>Network>Mounts Setup>Mount Manager - scroll down to Change Hostname but it still shows as zgemma when i log into router is their a plugin that i can install to mask the zgemma name

Mine was the same until I rebooted the zgemma, then the name changed.

Back