Cannot find or use mgcam 1.38

Bonesy4505

I have created an image today but was waiting for a second box I have ordered to see if it works on a new box and to see what remains to be done after it has been installed such as a Swap File and FlashExtender as well as initialising a drive which is not already done.

If you would like to try it for me I will be happy to upload it or you can wait a couple of days and I will try it myself.

Image has OpenITV 5.1 dated 10-12-2015
All channels for UK with non FTA HD removed so only SD channels show up
Slyk skin with tabs installed and configured for best show.
line simple to ftp across (tested today)
Latest KodiDirect with working Genesis (slow but works - tested again today)
HDMI CEC enabled just in case your TV supports it.

Been using it for a good few days now without a single crash.

Last edited:
Bonesy4505

I have created an image today but was waiting for a second box I have ordered to see if it works on a new box and to see what remains to be done after it has been installed such as a Swap File and FlashExtender as well as initialising a drive which is not already done.

If you would like to try it for me I will be happy to upload it or you can wait a couple of days and I will try it myself.

Image has OpenITV 5.1 dated 10-12-2015
All channels for UK with non FTA HD removed so only SD channels show up
Slyk skin with tabs installed and configured for best show.
line simple to ftp across (tested today)
Latest KodiDirect with working Genesis (slow but works - tested again today)
HDMI CEC enabled just in case your TV supports it.

Been using it for a good few days now without a single crash.

I would add IPTV (from menu>plugins>extensions) to your build !!!

I would add IPTV (from menu>plugins>extensions) to your build !!!

Due to a lot of the IPTV being hit and miss I am keeping things simple with a clean (ish) image at the moment with the only un-needed thing being KodiDirect, I have only left that on as Genesis seems to be working at the moment without any need for workarounds like VPNs etc. Should that stop working for me I will remove it from the image so not to disappoint when people try it and it fails.

I should be getting my second box today so with try the image on that straight out of the box. Fingers crossed.

i think i might have confused you, i dont mean IPTV as a list of ip channels etc, I mean IPTV Player, it has vumoo, yiffy and a coupe of other really good movie channels - plays great with the h2s - other channels are mainly in polish, but the odd one has English/american movies and searchable tv programmes, I used to use TS Media but found it very hit and miss (other than adfah)

take a look, it might surprise you

a couple of other good add ons that work reasonably well are facebook (according to my kids!!) and the opera browser, though you do need a keyboard with mouse to use it/navigate etc, turns your receiver into a web browser (works a lot better on the h2s than the 2s)

Hi Wooshman,

I get my box tomorrow, so if you could upload the image with editable (is that a word?) cccam and mgcam files, that would be brilliant!!
(and probably save me a whole lot of time)!!

ta

Kieron

Last edited:
If your using the OpenATV 5.1 image there is no need to install TSpanel for the cams just install the softcamfeedmispel.ipk this will give you access to all the Cams from the plugin download section, included below is the softcam.ipk and a working set of Mgcamd files just add the necessary to the newcamd.list file save and start the cam

Hi, I am very new to this. When you say "just install", how precisely would one go about that? I downloaded your attachments, but don't have a clue what file location to FTP either file to and then how I would need to activate within the box menu itself before being able to view the cams in plugin menu (Zgemma H.2S). Further to this I don't even know which section in the plugin menu to search within! Any clues would be helpful, as soon as I can get cam up and running to load Nline I am good to go. Also, why is this not simply available in the Openatv menu? It has Cccam pre-loaded.

Scrap that, just solved it. Uploaded to temp and then 'install local extensions' in case any noob thought the same. Worked a cham and all available to view, thanks!

Last edited:
HI all, just an update of where I am at (being my fist attempt etc)

I got my second box, installed my image and got a few messages such as not shut down prodperly, HDD not in correct format (it wasn't plugged in) etc, but on a whole the image worked as I expected it to.

Got a test line, as this box isn't for myself and then realised I needed to install CCcam in my softcam panel, so this will be added to a newly created image as well as shutdown properly along with it not looking for an external drive. Once I plugged in a drive and initialised it was happy. So I presume other builds don't have any reference to external drives when built?

With it being this special time of year I won't have chance to do it soon, but I do promise it will happen.

Merry Christmas to all.

having major difficulties with my vm line cant seem to get it to start hopefully you guys can clear something up for me should the line be in var/etc or var/keys ??? Xmas present driving me mad already thanks

Have that a try however still no luck however I did fine an ooenvix image that has slyk1 skin installed preloaded with cams the lot and it worked first time and very smooth that's for all then help

Kieran

If your using the OpenATV 5.1 image there is no need to install TSpanel for the cams just install the softcamfeedmispel.ipk this will give you access to all the Cams from the plugin download section, included below is the softcam.ipk and a working set of Mgcamd files just add the necessary to the newcamd.list file save and start the cam

Thanks for these, just updated to 5.1 and couldn't find the soft cams.

I have said it to you before, but I after reading this thread from beginning to end again. I salute you woosh. 3 weeks from noob to a very good backup release. What more can you ask for. It's easy when you do your research, read, read some more and ask all the right questions. And to all the new people on this forum. Read Wooshes journey and be inspired.

Back