Cannot find or use mgcam 1.38

Hi all

Firstly thank you for such a huge amount of info in one place and so many people ready and happy to help.

OK, I took delivery of my shiny new Zgemma H2S and plugged it in. I then followed the guide by Kiddac (a few times) down to mgcam install. This morning I did a clean install of the OpenATV 5.1 latest build and started all over again for learning purposes. Now I have Slyk and list of all free and sly channels, the EPG works and the misses is happy.

So, on to my provider to ask for a test line. Now this is where the fun starts. I received my two files and copied them to the usr/keys folder.

I have downloaded mgcam 1.38 ipk from here and installed it but when I do Menu -> Info Panel, I have no SoftCam Panel to click on. I have looked everywhere too. I have looked in plugins, I have looked in plugins to download and can't even see mgcam listed anywhere.

I understand I can install and pre built image but I won't learn that way.

Please can someone tell me what step I am missing? This is, in theory, my last step to completion on the sly channels.

Thanks in advance.
Woosh

The Softcams doesnt appear in the openATV Build.
Find a file called softcam-feed-mipsel_1.0_all.ipk and ftp it into the /var/volatile/tmp folder

Back on the receiver go into ( And now I am a little hazy -because I don't really use the atv build)
setup, and find install local extension
Select it and install.
Then when you go into plugins > download plugins

The softcam group will be present.
Easier than installing a single softcam

Forgot to add this makes the softcams appear on the blue button menu

Hope this helps

Just noticed the age of this. Maybe irrelevant now.

F5B

Last edited:
Well after a few hours (and maybe a bit of Batman and Starwars on the movie channels) I am fully up and running and creating my nice clean backup.

I have done the bare minimum to have it all working as per kiddac's guide except I used the ipk and mgcamd files posted by FreeUK. I have the Slyk skin and a fully working EPG and timeshift. Keys done and all working.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who held my hand and pointed me in the right directions and those who posted screen shots and files. I know I could have used an image from the word go but where is the fun and learning curve in that?

Right, Image created - time to see if I can break it :-)

Thanks again.

How far you have come since this post wooshy
lol i had to drag this one back from the archives lol

Back