Can't afford to be ill these days

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
I NEED TO WIN THE LOTTERY................. just enough to pay for being ill.

Bloody prescription charges and dentist fees are a nightmare!!

Had what i thought was tooth pain - dentist said it was my sinus's affecting the root of my teeth as they were inflamed. so had xrays then she told me i needed a filling and a scale n polish well that lot came to £140 plus the antis for the sinus infection another £7.40.
went back to have filling explained im still suffering as teeth still hurt when eating/drinking hot or cold stuff, so another filling needed - another £95 - oh yes white fillings are more expensive but are better.

Had to go for an asthma check and mentioned about my acid indegestion - yup more scrips! another £30.80

so in the last 2-3 weeks its cost me over £270 AND i don't work. Plus the dentist was talking to me about bleaching my teeth as i drink black coffee so thats around £250 oh and yup coz i have a small break on 1 of my front teeth she mentioned veneers @ £400 EACH and ov course you need both front teeth done.

When i went to dentist i did say can i have nhs treatment so they charged me only £17 for the xrays and consultation, but as i wanted a white filling ( a lot less painful to apparently and it lasts longer) that cost £95 and i also needed a scale n polish- BUT they dont have an nhs hygienist thats £45.

Now i know why its been around 5-6 yrs since i went to dentist.

As for Asthma - not much i can do about that but at £7.40 per item x 3 its outrageous!
Acid indigestion is probably cause by stress/anxiety - yup need meds so more money which causes more stress lol!

Its about time housewives got paid by the government!!!! If i worked and got paid then i might be able to afford to be ill but as i dont i cant

Rant over LOL!!!

So if anyone knows the euromillions lotto numbers for tomorrow night .......................please share :)

Jeez linny, try get sick over this side of the water, €60 to SEE your doctor, prescriptions can cost up to €100 per month(may, june, july, etc.) so if you go to doctor on 30 june, need €100 worth of drugs, see doc the following day and he says get something else, then you pay from the start again,
as for the dentist, don't get me started, we have always had private dentists, no NHS, or our equivelant HSE dentists, unless you are means tested and have absolutely F - all or less, then you go on a waiting list for years.
But, I personally have a good friend who is a dentist, and I got a bucketload of work done with him - rebuilding old fillings, new fillings, veneers, Xrays, etc, and all he asked me for was €500. Do I not love him, should have cost over €1500. The only problem was I had to drive for an hour and twenty minutes to and from his wexford clinic.

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz God and i thought my lot had cost enough! wow! so you have to pay to see a GP? didnt realize that! As for the denstist 500 euros for that lol again bloody good value! Ok think ill stay in the UK or my treatment!!

Mind you spoke to hubby and he said one of the guys at work flew out to spain/greece or somewhere to have dental work done as it was cheaper to fly get a hotel AND pay the dentist over there than it was here.

Whats it like in the US guys ??

Linny, I'm the dentist and I have no ins, but luckily I have dentist friends who all want to work on me for n/c (anesthesia is extra)

this is in the US

absolutely appalling Linny, may God keep you and everyone fit and healthy so you dont need to pay ridiculous prices to aid your health.

SHOCKING!

Back