cant clear cable

Hi...just joined and wondering if I could get a bit of help.

I've had a gigablue box running openvix for some time now.

Added a cable card about a year or so and have been happily running satellite and cable from the same server.

Box got a little temperamental the other day and after a few issues I had to do a factory reset.

I scanned sat and cable, added lines to mgcamd and went from there.

I'm having an issue with cable now. Satellite (UK and foreign) are clearing fine. But encrypted cable are not.
I know my config and set up are ok because they are as before and in any case are clearing sat.

The server is also clearing BBC HD channels (and chowing server details on the channel info) but doing nothing fo encrypted.

Can anyone share any ideas as to whats going wrong?

Hi...just joined and wondering if I could get a bit of help.

I've had a gigablue box running openvix for some time now.

Added a cable card about a year or so and have been happily running satellite and cable from the same server.

Box got a little temperamental the other day and after a few issues I had to do a factory reset.

I scanned sat and cable, added lines to mgcamd and went from there.

I'm having an issue with cable now. Satellite (UK and foreign) are clearing fine. But encrypted cable are not.
I know my config and set up are ok because they are as before and in any case are clearing sat.

The server is also clearing BBC HD channels (and chowing server details on the channel info) but doing nothing fo encrypted.

Can anyone share any ideas as to whats going wrong?

If you are getting Hd channels through cable, you should be getting everything, if the line wasn't working, you'd get only channels 1 - 5 in Sd but no Hd channels
Is there any way of restarting the softcam on that box? - this would be my first port of call, also, are you sure the VM cable is still connected? - check splitters etc
Are you sure the BBC Hd channels you are getting are via Cable and not one of your other inputs?

Thanks for the reply
I'm definitely getting BBC hd via cable. Screen info confirms it's in my dvb-c card.
Restarting softcam has no effect.

Im sure it's not spliter or cable, nothing has changed with those since I reflashed the box, and it was actually the VM enguengiwho gave me the splitter...he even wired it for me.

Interestingly enough, if I leave it on one of the VM channels it gets to clear every so often. I get a few seconds of squeeks and pixels across the screen then nothing. And for the few seconds that's happening the channel info shows I'm on a server!

I'm stumped!

Back