Can't connect filezilla?? Noob

ben_edwards

I need to connect to filzilla to edit my cam file as the server has changed name. It just keeps saying could not connect to server, "ECONNREFUSED"

Am i doing something simple wrong? I used it a few days ago to set the cam file up. Its a vu duo im trying to connect to. I have the password, user name root, and port 21?? I'm pretty sure i've got my IP address correct, i've tried both wireless ip address and LAN?

Thanks for any help.

I'm having exact problem been using FileZilla for years, new version came out upgraded client version, got same problem, as it happens don't need it at present
but might one day, will try and install older version

I don't use filezilla anymore. just setup a local network in windows to your box. its alot easier. just drag and drop the files like using windows.

Are you using the client version not server one

Yep, client version. Just downloaded it again to make sure.

---------- Post Merged at 05:08 PM ----------

have you checked your ip address on your sat box is using, which box have you got.

Just double checked, same ip address as the box. Its a vu duo.

---------- Post Merged at 05:09 PM ----------

I'm having exact problem been using FileZilla for years, new version came out upgraded client version, got same problem, as it happens don't need it at present
but might one day, will try and install older version

I only used it last week to set the box up so i don't really understand why it wont work.

---------- Post Merged at 05:11 PM ----------

I don't use filezilla anymore. just setup a local network in windows to your box. its alot easier. just drag and drop the files like using windows.

I honestly haven't got a clue how to do that, i only need to edit the server details for the line to work again. I only set it up last week. It's driving me nuts. ha.

---------- Post Merged at 05:23 PM ----------

i've just tried to use dcc but can't connect with that either. it just says error socket not conected?? Everything is plugged in though??

Was helping someone set up the other day.

He had a problem connecting with filezilla.

He said there was a 32 bit version and a 64 bit version.

One of them wouldn't connect the other did.

Haven't checked but that's what he said

I just set a local network up in windows with my box.

Get your network connection from your enigm2 box Press Menu/Information/Network
write your IP number down.

On step 4 below as the address enter
ftp://root@yourip number ( e.g. should look like this ftp://root@192.168.1.34)

Windows 8 Add a network location

1. Open Computer
  2. Now Click on Add a network location button from the standard toolbar.
  3. Click Next (Add network location), Choose a custom network location, Next
  4. Click on “Browse” to select a network drive of the folder; otherwise if you know the folder or drive you can type it directly into the “Internet or network address” text box. Click Next.
  5. Enter your username and password, check Remember my credentials, click OK
  6. Type a name for this network location, click Next and Finish

i'm connected now, finally!
Does anyone know which file i need to open and edit for the line details? The cam file??

it's an nline, i've found the sofcams folder on the vu box. i've been told by my server i need to "edit the newcamd.list file which you download from your box via ftp like filzilla, edit the file with notepad and upload again?

If you are running mg camd then you need to change the front end of your N line in the newcamd.list file

from
N: blah blah blah 01 02 03 04 ........14
to
CWS = blah blah blah 01 02 03 04 ........14

Back