Cable cant flash backup h7 custom

balls, it just adds another step

so who was the big openpli fan out there that made me want to try light weight firmware lol

:rolleyes::oops: It is lightweight! ;) Come over to ViX and forget about partitions and multiboot lol.

The SF4008 actually has a partition update utility built into the flash now!

OpenPli is pretty good if you have a box stuck on boot though. I just flash it and reflash with something else.
It wipes everything from the flash and you can start again.

the H7C is the same for me Silver, can flash with base firmware no problem but when trying to flash from a backup the box only shows the FLSH for a fraction of a second & doesnt flash... Ive had to flash a base firmware then perform a restore from the HDD to get my image back. Its the 1st time Ive had this issue as none of the other Enigma2 boxes I have do it so probably an ARM thing.

the H7C is the same for me Silver, can flash with base firmware no problem but when trying to flash from a backup the box only shows the FLSH for a fraction of a second & doesnt flash... Ive had to flash a base firmware then perform a restore from the HDD to get my image back. Its the 1st time Ive had this issue as none of the other Enigma2 boxes I have do it so probably an ARM thing.

at least im not the only one lol
sorry to say

When I 1st got the H7 it drove me nutts not being able to flash from a backup so I decided to place my fimware backup builds on the one HDD so I could quickly switch between them using the restore function, its not ideal but it works!

im still shocked openpli has did this lol

do need to do a work around from now on

crazy how even a reflash doesnt sort it

Last edited:
but it fine before installing openpli

i drag dropped latest backup to usb, put in it box and away i went
now i cant

That's because OpenPli has basically wiped the partition structure.
Your backup will have a line in the backup somewhere stating that it needs to be restored to startup, startup_1, startup_2 etc.
If that partition doesn't exist the restore fails and you'll get an unbootable box.
If you flash stock ATV it should let you restore your backup.
Then you can make another backup using the RECOVERY option in image manager which should be good to restore from USB.

If when creating the back up you use the yellow button to 'recovery' you should then be able to flash with that backup. I spent days trying to figure out why I couldn't flash a box from it until I found out it needs to be set to recovery when you backup.

so did you always have to do this or am i thinking back to the h2s days ?

The startup options only really matter if you have multiboot running several different images.
If you just remember to change the yellow option to RECOVERY every time you make a backup you will be fine.
I went through all this grief when I first got the HD51 and there was no one around to help.
One of the perils of being an early adopter ;)

So it was always like that.
I thought this just happened when I did this lol
Maybe I haven't broke the h7 yet

Maybe that's why hmmm !

I was doing a backup this morning
And just before it finishes the backup it tells you how to flash it

And it says going to the online flash bit to do it
Never seen that before

I was doing a backup this morning
And just before it finishes the backup it tells you how to flash it

And it says going to the online flash bit to do it
Never seen that before

That must be new. I'm running OpenDroid on mine. Given up waiting for a ViX image :(

Back