cant flash Ipab tv back to wooshbuild... Help

billy79

i flashed my box with ipab tv and have had nothing but trouble with it so trying to go back to wooshbuild but my box when i power up does not give option to flash it just boots.
any ideas anyone??

I believe you would stick the wooshbuild files into a folder called " zgemma" [ ive never user the wooshbuild before myself ] then stick it into a usb stick, remove any other usb stick or hard drive that maybe fitted to the box... stick in your usb with the folder on it, and start up the box to see if it boots-up

I was about to install IPAB till I show this thread, I also have got wooshbuild v5 installed and a 1tb hdd attached, though I have a pendrive to install the flash... I wonder if I need to reformat my 1tb hdd before and lose all recordings in it... help before I start would be appreciated...
My reason to reflash with IPAB is that I only want to use the box as a freesat receiver and recorder...
thanks.

no n
I was about to install IPAB till I show this thread, I also have got wooshbuild v5 installed and a 1tb hdd attached, though I have a pendrive to install the flash... I wonder if I need to reformat my 1tb hdd before and lose all recordings in it... help before I start would be appreciated...
My reason to reflash with IPAB is that I only want to use the box as a freesat receiver and recorder...
thanks.

no need to do anything with hdd mate

I too am having the same issue, was advised to Flash iPab to my zgemma Star 2s but it's not running good at all very slow and laggy, trying to watch a recording is just a NO GO so slow at playing. Rewind & Fast Forward is shocking you literally press play and 5-10 minutes later it catches up with you. I'm trying to flash wooshbuild but having same trouble no FLSH.

I too am having the same issue, was advised to Flash iPab to my zgemma Star 2s but it's not running good at all very slow and laggy, trying to watch a recording is just a NO GO so slow at playing. Rewind & Fast Forward is shocking you literally press play and 5-10 minutes later it catches up with you. I'm trying to flash wooshbuild but having same trouble no FLSH.

I'm afraid that is what the star-2s is like - slow and laggy... You get what you pay for.

If your having trouble flashing with a USB stick you can always ftp the base build zip on the images folder on your box hard drive then press the blue button on the remote, select flash online / local, select local and then select the base build zip

If your having trouble flashing with a USB stick you can always ftp the base build zip on the images folder on your box hard drive then press the blue button on the remote, select flash online / local, select local and then select the base build zip

Didn't even know this was possible, I will give this a go. Thanks for your reply.

Cheers pal that worked first time, i was pulling my hair out

Having a similar issue, trying to put wooshbuild on my zgemma but it wont flash over ipab, (just stays on boot).
I don't have an image folder on my box.

guys this has been covered many many times..... think the thread title was 'USB not flashing' try putting that in the search bar. Has nothing to do with wooshbuild or ipab its your USB that needs correcting before you can flash any image.

if the usb worked before it will work again but you must prep the stick from scratch...just a fat32 format by windows often isnt enough..low-level-format must be run 1st then fat32 with windows

I also want shot of ipab.i flashed apv 6.2 over ipab..but apv looks like its working but ipab comes back after flash,factory reset is also missing in ipab menu...putty wont work witg my box either

Mount a usb to it and see if you can flash online! Press blue button and go across to flash online! You will be able to see the latest 6.2 open atv

Back