1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant flash Ipab tv back to wooshbuild... Help

Discussion in 'Zgemma-star 2S' started by billy79, May 31, 2017.

1. billy79

billy79 Member

i flashed my box with ipab tv and have had nothing but trouble with it so trying to go back to wooshbuild but my box when i power up does not give option to flash it just boots.
    any ideas anyone??

2. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Low level format your usb with HDDGURU and then fat 32 and should be fine

3. wullboy

wullboy TK Veteran

I believe you would stick the wooshbuild files into a folder called " zgemma" [ ive never user the wooshbuild before myself ] then stick it into a usb stick, remove any other usb stick or hard drive that maybe fitted to the box... stick in your usb with the folder on it, and start up the box to see if it boots-up

rjbweb likes this.
  4. rjbweb

rjbweb Member

I was about to install IPAB till I show this thread, I also have got wooshbuild v5 installed and a 1tb hdd attached, though I have a pendrive to install the flash... I wonder if I need to reformat my 1tb hdd before and lose all recordings in it... help before I start would be appreciated...
    My reason to reflash with IPAB is that I only want to use the box as a freesat receiver and recorder...
    thanks.

5. billy79

billy79 Member

no n
    no need to do anything with hdd mate

6. billy79

billy79 Member

done that and no joy

7. zidanny19

zidanny19 Member

I too am having the same issue, was advised to Flash iPab to my zgemma Star 2s but it's not running good at all very slow and laggy, trying to watch a recording is just a NO GO so slow at playing. Rewind & Fast Forward is shocking you literally press play and 5-10 minutes later it catches up with you. I'm trying to flash wooshbuild but having same trouble no FLSH.

8. ste

ste Forum Supporter

I'm afraid that is what the star-2s is like - slow and laggy... You get what you pay for.

9. djgarf

djgarf TK Veteran

If your having trouble flashing with a USB stick you can always ftp the base build zip on the images folder on your box hard drive then press the blue button on the remote, select flash online / local, select local and then select the base build zip

oggie223 and zidanny19 like this.
  10. zidanny19

zidanny19 Member

Yeah thinks it's time for an upgrade, I have had the Star 2s for 3-4 years it's served me well. Thanks your reply mate.

11. zidanny19

zidanny19 Member

Didn't even know this was possible, I will give this a go. Thanks for your reply.

djgarf likes this.
  12. oggie223

oggie223 Member

Cheers pal that worked first time, i was pulling my hair out

djgarf likes this.
  13. chimerical26

chimerical26 Member

Hey man... I am just wondering. DId you already have an images folder on your box? Also where did you find the install option?