Can't Record IPTV On H2s

Clair21

Hey guys So I'm still sussing out this h2s box. My issue now is..
I can record sat channels but not iptv
When I try to record iptv the box locks up and I've to reboot from the white button at back.

What can I check.

Im running openatv 6.2 since my provider updated box but he's at a loss atm why its happening

Hey guys So I'm still sussing out this h2s box. My issue now is..
I can record sat channels but not iptv
When I try to record iptv the box locks up and I've to reboot from the white button at back.

What can I check.

Im running openatv 6.2 since my provider updated box but he's at a loss atm why its happening
To be able to record iptv and watch freesat on your box you need multiroom subscription for iptv. For sly/freesat you've always been able to record on zgemma boxes with usb/hdd mounted think your provider dosnt know what he is doing or talikg about as he said you can record iptv with his service

It also depends on how your line has been put onto your box.

If the line is through xtream editor you’ll need to check that the setting is on DVB. If the setting is on IPTV the record function doesn’t work.

On the other hand if the line is on via a script I can’t see that being an issue.

Yeah, way back when I had a zgemma, I could record iptv without a multiroom sub as long as i immediately switched to watching sat when recording or put the box off (usually when I was going out and hence was recording).

if you have IPTV that has been added to your epg, keep the box on a sat channel and then go to your epg and highlight the program you want to record on IPTV and press the record button on remote. If you are actually on and IPTV channel and then try to record then it won't work unless you have multiroom IPTV, even if you are recording the same channel that you are watching

As already mentioned, if your iptv was added via a script (like mine was) you do NOT need multiroom to record it.
I did not have multiroom and I could record it fine .

Yes there were caveats, but, it worked.

I did not imagine recording IPTV programs without a having a multiroom sub, lol.

Last edited:
Failing that find a supplier that can supply Xtream Editor as that has 7 day catchup on most channels and saves all the hassle of recording.

Hi Clair21.
I had the same problem. Do you use iptv bouquet maker?
Yes I think that's how he did it. He had me doing something in settings other eve

It also depends on how your line has been put onto your box.

If the line is through xtream editor you’ll need to check that the setting is on DVB. If the setting is on IPTV the record function doesn’t work.

On the other hand if the line is on via a script I can’t see that being an issue.
I can record the fta channels.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will be able too as you've always been able to that on zgemma boxes have you tried setting timer on an iptv channel then put it onto a fta channel to see if it records then
Anytime I try to record iptv the box locks up So if I've epg on screen I can't exit etc.. And I've to press white button at back.
This is the 1st time I've been able to record even fta as b4 it wouldn't even record them.

Anytime I try to record iptv the box locks up So if I've epg on screen I can't exit etc.. And I've to press white button at back.
This is the 1st time I've been able to record even fta as b4 it wouldn't even record them.
Have you asked provider for a multiroom sub so you have 2 connections on your line have to set recordings to save to media/hdd in settings and mounted a USB or hdd to back/front of box

Have you asked provider for a multiroom sub so you have 2 connections on your line have to set recordings to save to media/hdd in settings and mounted a USB or hdd to back/front of box
Haven't asked for multiroom as he never said I would need one.
Yes set to hdd and 32gb USB in back of box.

It might be worth reflashing your box...

E2 boxes can be very temperamental. Over the years, I must have reflashed mine about 20 times! There should be a link on here to show you how to do it - it’s pretty straight forward.

Once you’ve done it just ask your provider to put the line back on. If he’s done it via the xtream editor plugin it’s a two minute job :)

Last edited:
I’m also struggling to record on Zgemma h52s and been without epg for a few weeks now I have the iptv bouquets maker with supplier selected and epg importer but I haven’t got any epg or I can’t record my iptv supplier said I need a double sub, if anyone can help me with the epg or the recording I would be much appreciated

I’m also struggling to record on Zgemma h52s and been without epg for a few weeks now I have the iptv bouquets maker with supplier selected and epg importer but I haven’t got any epg or I can’t record my iptv supplier said I need a double sub, if anyone can help me with the epg or the recording I would be much appreciated
How is your iptv setup mate

Back