cant see tuners in vu duo box

sofia12

Hi ive just setup a vu duo box for my friend.
Ok he box has vix on it and I done a scan and configured the tuners to 28.2e.
All done ok and this morning ive woke up to the box reloading with the vix icon spinning in the top left corner of the tv screen.
its got the date 1070 on it and doesn't show up any tuner at the bottom,its constsntly reloading so cant get into the box.
before the reloading issue I got into the menu to setup tuners..it said automatic but it wont give me any options to change it to 28.2e.
I have a vu duo box too so im familiar with the setup,just cant understand why its not seeing the tuners as the feeds work in my box.
Any help would be appreciated.
The box is genuine and bought from wos.

maybe it got a bad update,power off at rear for a few minutes then try again,as this box is slow do you have cacheflush plugin set up and swapfile setup on usb,as both are needed.has box got a working lan connection as you have done a network test.what image is on box now.

maybe it got a bad update,power off at rear for a few minutes then try again,as this box is slow do you have cacheflush plugin set up and swapfile setup on usb,as both are needed.has box got a working lan connection as you have done a network test.what image is on box now.

HI thanks for the quick reply.i don't have either of the on a usb stick and lan connection is working.the box has working out of the box and I installed my line in it and was ready to go.
All of a sudden its loading forever and wont let me get into the box.
I did see it had vix on it.
What do you suggest I do next?

if you had epg going to internal flash it can get corrupted and no memory left,and box might have to be reflashed,hopefully you have a copy of mg-cfg and newcamd.list on pc to send back.
did you try and power off box at rear first for 20 secs then on,thats the first thing to try.

if you had epg going to internal flash it can get corrupted and no memory left,and box might have to be reflashed,hopefully you have a copy of mg-cfg and newcamd.list on pc to send back.
did you try and power off box at rear first for 20 secs then on,thats the first thing to try.

Hi when you refer to mg-cfg is it the cline ..if so yes I have a backup..which vix version do you think is best and can I reflash with usb
thanks again

---------- Post Merged at 03:39 PM ----------

Yes ive restarted the box numerous times but no different

Hi,

just go onto wos forum, look up your box, and download the latest image,

There is a flashing guide here

Then if that works, make sure you stick a pen drive in the box and set the EPG to save to it, not "internal flash" as cactikid pointed out.

Last edited:
i would also get their excellent pdf guide for laptop or desktop to use with e2 boxes.

Code:
http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/VIX%20Manual%20Vs%201.1.pdf

you also need to setup swapfile and cacheflush for the duo,and switch fan on in setup as it seems to be off.

i would also get their excellent pdf guide for laptop or desktop to use with e2 boxes.

Code:
http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/VIX%20Manual%20Vs%201.1.pdf

you also need to setup swapfile and cacheflush for the duo,and switch fan on in setup as it seems to be off.

Thanks bees for your helpful advice ill do t now and report back..

Hi cactikid the 2 files swapfile and cacheflush,,will they show up in the box itself or in the flash?
Thanks again.

---------- Post Merged at 11:49 PM ----------

Ok ive put the vu duo image on the usb reformatted at fat32..image dated 3 may 2015/
restarted the box but nothing..all it does is goes to the HADES startup screen and vix icon reloades forever..it then gives a error has occurred error.
I even used the bootloader for it after the image wouldn't install but still no look..

make sure its the correct image and says vu duo as when downloaded i extract to my location which is a formatted usb stick
integral or kingston,did you get the duo bootloader and installed by front port under flap while box is powered off [ always insert/remove when off at rear ] bootloader should not take too long to flash,when finished power off reformat usb and extract hades to usb,insert into front flap and when box is starting to show picture on tv power off at rear then on should work,then follow instructions on box and the tut everything is there for setting up.

make sure its the correct image and says vu duo as when downloaded i extract to my location which is a formatted usb stick
integral or kingston,did you get the duo bootloader and installed by front port under flap while box is powered off [ always insert/remove when off at rear ] bootloader should not take too long to flash,when finished power off reformat usb and extract hades to usb,insert into front flap and when box is starting to show picture on tv power off at rear then on should work,then follow instructions on box and the tut everything is there for setting up.

Yes tried all the above and the bootloader is duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip.
The firmware ope pennvix hades 004 vu duo usb and hades 005 vu duo images.
Ill try another usb tomorrow and see if it still works,,it doesn't show any progress on the box..totally baffled x

Yes all devices have been removed prior to flashing..I'll check with another usb pen seeif that helps..
Is there any other way i can flash it if usb method doesnt work??

Back