Caravan and wifi - please advise.

Hi,

Please could someone advise me on the best way to get wifi in static caravan without a phone line?

I'm thinking of getting a 4G LTE router with a sim card but not sure which ones do the best job.

It's basically for watching IPTV and surfing the web on a tablet.

Any advise is welcome

Thanks

4G LTE router will work fine but as for which supplier, this is going to depend on where you are in the country. Each supplier has a checker on their website and will tell you how good the signal is in each area.....there is no one size fits all in terms of the best one.

Make sure you get a decent data amount or unlimited, as IPTV will hammer your data usage.

Apart from that, hotspot from a phone?

I think even with Unlimited, they will eventually throttle it due to the Amount of usage. Fair use Policy and all that.
Has anyone else in a caravan got a phone line / Broadband.
Could we worth speaking with them and aksing if you would be able to share the costs each month and share the connection with them.
Run a network cable between each others caravan and then you have a good connection..
I would not tell them that you are using it for IPTV, as they could be a little funny with it, just saying for Internet Use ;-)

Friend has a caravan on waterside in ingoldmells and they have on site wifi but its limited to 1gb usage limits and only good for general web surfing i think a 4g card would be ok for a while but usage could be your problem on iptv with the masses of data being used etc :(

you could throw a satalite dish up and use a E173 3g dongle in a cheap openbox or v8 golden to open channels.data usage is tiny compared to iptv.

you could throw a satalite dish up and use a E173 3g dongle in a cheap openbox or v8 golden to open channels.data usage is tiny compared to iptv.

Hi,

Please could someone advise me on the best way to get wifi in static caravan without a phone line?

I'm thinking of getting a 4G LTE router with a sim card but not sure which ones do the best job.

It's basically for watching IPTV and surfing the web on a tablet.

Any advise is welcome

Thanks
Hi I had the same problem and bought an outdoor wifi ant and a portable router so that i could connect a few devices in the van at once. I can connect to the site next to ours, which is aprox 500 yards away.But they have started to charge for wifi now.I f you search on bt.s website for there hotspots you can look at the map and see if you are near one, if so you can ask a friend for there log in details and log in whilst away. Bt customers get free access to there hotspots.

Back