Cardsharing newbie guide

bobby123

TECHKINGS RESIDENT
Q: What is cardsharing?
A: Well basically human X has a card running in an EMU/CAM and human Y has no card, but human Y also uses an EMU/CAM which makes an internet connection with human X his EMU/CAM.
Human Y can now watch tv like the card itself would be in his own receiver

Q: What are those keys?
A: Keys are old-fashioned and hardly used, since they don't open much, this is not considered as cardsharing. Cardsharing makes keys not needed

Q: Do I need a sat / cable connection for cardsharing?
A: No, for cardsharing you need an internet connection, but without a sat / cable connection you wont be able to watch anything (since there are no channels (frequencies) to decode.

Q: What are those locals and virtuals and hops they talk about?
A: A local is a physical card, a subscription card from a tv provider (sat or cable or terrestrial). Virtuals are NOT local, these are cards not physically in a server, they are from another person connected to that certain server further away (this distance away is in hops and some emulators use the term "dist")

Q: I have no local, why would anyone share with me, because I have nothing to share back.
A: CCcam is the most used cardsharing EMU/CAM, it works comparable like peer to peer (torrent/kazaa/emule), which means if you manage to get a few "free shares" you will already be able to share back

Q: Oh that's nice! But why no one replies to my pm's?
A: Most likely it is because you don't sent "active" c-lines (see cccam tutorials for this), since you are a "newbie" many people don't want to spent time to explain you all about CCcam from which there are plenty tutorials, so the minimum expected is that when you want to start sharing is that you understand CCcam and are able to create C & F lines and setup a free dyndns and are able to portforward.
And perhaps you didn't pm the right persons, not all are easily giving.

Q: Can something else help me getting shares besides reading tutorials?
A: Yes! Get a "local", than you are in the position to "demand" a local back and when you have a local many others wish to have in the shares you will be very lucky.

Q: I need to pay to do cardsharing?
A: Just the dish and box that supports sharing. Not a person to provide you with "shares" or it wouldn't be "sharing:)

Q: What is cardsharing?

Q: I need to pay to do cardsharing?
A: Just the dish and box that supports sharing. Not a person to provide you with "shares" or it wouldn't be "sharing:)
Evidently I've been looking in the wrong places and reading incorrect info becaus my understanding is that one has to pay a monthly subscription!

Evidently I've been looking in the wrong places and reading incorrect info becaus my understanding is that one has to pay a monthly subscription!

There are many ways that the actual term of "card sharing" is related to.
Some people get together and share each others cards where they can have all the packages with the minimum sub and can guarantee a good service due to the sharing only being provided between a handful of people. On the other hand you have premium card sharers who manage a private server and do all the hard technical work where you would just contribute to the expense every month. This is for people who are just starting up and learning on the way as this game is very complicated (IMO or to my knowledges extent) there you can see what's happening in the process. But, sometimes the premium service gets overloaded and you get freezing, cut off's etc. This hobby is not as practical and noob friendly like the old virmin funcard or mosc programming. There are plenty of guides available to explain in all detail but, it requires a lot of time and patience. You could ask "piopat" he is a very good person to ask about guides as he has s very easy to follow one in his signature also he will help you with any questions you may have.

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks for this very helpful post, morashid. You've cleared up some fundamental questions I has. You're no wrong when you say it's a complicated hobby requiring lots of time and patience! I've spent the better part of the past 2 months reading sticky posts and guides as a guest and I don't really feel any further forward!

Thanks again!

Back