Categories missing on sky v5

gypo

I've just got the latest v5 skin installed on my new xtrend box but no longer have the categories taps along the top in the menu showing you Documentaries, sport etc.
Can someone help Please?
Thanks
G

Thats a custom mod to enable tabs on the sky skin , have a read on kiddacs skin skin thread and also search for the skin mod thread for instructions how to do it, if its kiddacs skin then look in the dropbox where you downloaded the skin from and read the instrucions in getting tabs re added look in Skins / SlyK Hd Version 5 / skin modifications / Sky Epg Bouquet with tabs on the dropbox

Last edited:
You might not be able to do it, as kiddac has left he took his drop box with him
and you need to download a file to make it work

Cheers lads, think I got it now, I'll try it later when home.
Thanks for the help all
G

Can some one help please, Ive added the EPGselect.py file and gone into the extras.xlm file but cant work out how to edit it?
Thanks
G

Thanks mate, didread his instructions but want sure and didn't want to break it! :)
I'll have another look now
Thanks
G

Try this:
Pull the extras.xml and drag it your desktop. Then open xml:wrench click file at the top left corner and then open. Then select the file on your desktop.
Once edited click save and then drag it back to your box

ok cheers got that, not sure which line to edit below tho,

"GraphicalEPGPIG" position="0,0" size="1280,720" backgroundColor="backgroundmid" flags="wfNoBorder">
<panel name="GraphicalEPGPIG1" />
</screen>

<screen name="GraphicalEPG" position="0,0" size="1280,720" backgroundColor="backgroundmid" flags="wfNoBorder">
<panel name="GraphicalEPG1" />
Thanks
G

Change it to graphicalepg2 instead of graphicalepg1. Both of them. Then click save and then drag it back to the box and overwrite. Once done restart the box not just gui to be safe

Back