CCCam, Mgcamd or Oscams?

t3rminal

TK Veteran
I am looking to get a Sat Line and I have read that N Lines are better than C Lines as they allow a certain amount of caching of the signal to be done which minimises the amount of glitching that may occur. Is there any truth to this or is it just personal opinion?

Now once I've got my line, which plugin to use to get the best out of my box. CCCam, Mgcamd or Oscams?

benefit of Oscam is when running more than one line.....normally best to use whatever your provider recommends, a good c line will perform better than a ropey n line and vice versa, I use n lines in cccam if need be as I don't like mgcam but there are a serious amount of threads saying different on here.....try them all and see whats best for you over a decent period, not 5 mins lol.

CCcam is fine for a sat sly line but for me i would use 2.14 or 2.1.3 the 2.30 can be a bit buggy i heard. As for N: line can use that in CCcam or oscam.
Oscam is just as good for clients some servers don't like it as can be used to reshare and if the server things your reshareing he will ban the lines same goes for N: lines been used in CCcam can be used to reshare.

4th

As mentioned above, the quality of the server over rides the type of line you use.

The caching you mentioned is correct, but if a server is over subscribed then you will get glitchy viewing no matter what.

Think generally, that if a server only supplies C lines it is probably a small set up, friends, family, maybe selling a few shares to make a small profit.

If a server can supply N lines as well as C lines he probably shares for business and will be a lot bigger.

Servers using N lines are more complicated to set up.

As for running lines on your box, general rule is C lines in CCcam and N lines in Mg_Camd

There is always exceptions as you can run a C line in Mg_Camd and you can also run an N line in CCcam, but why confuse things any further lol

If you intend to run a sat and a cable line in a "combo" for instance, get two lines of the same type as only one Cam can be active at any time.

Last edited:
Thanks folks. The supplier I have been looking at does both C & N lines so I may give them a bell and see what they suggest then. They may have a preference from what you folks are saying [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been running with Oscam for a while now and seems to be more stable than the other two but if your having long ping times its still going to do a quick freeze.

Thanks guys. Have been using CCCam but looking at some 4K boxes and Oscam seems to be better supported there as using ARM chipsets although I believe CCCam is now supported on ARM too.

Back