cccam, newcamd & mgcamd

baz12

on the server im using I have options to change emulation to
CCcam for a c: line or
Newcamd for n: line &
Mgcamd for CWS = line

question is what emulation should I choose for best performance and also which cam should I use

Most of the time you won't be able to tell the difference.

The stability is less dependant on the cam you use than the actual service that is provided.

Just go for Mgcamd in theory it's better, in real life you can't see the difference :grin::grin::grin:

Daughter is working in the hospitality, she was serving that Irish blokes family, Roberts or something
and Mo Salah's missus the other day.

Andy Robertson !! kids ehh :grin::grin::grin:

Do bear in mind that ARM boxes (4k boxes normally) won't run mgcamd on openATV so the option is CCcam 2.3.2 and OScam.

For pure simplicity I use CCcam to saving having to convert lines to much and don't have any problems on a whole.

same here mgcamd works best for me

question something that's always bugged me
c: line = cccam.cfg
n:line = cccam.cfg
cws = newcamd.list (mgcamd)

so why does line for mgcamd (cws =) go in a newcamd.list file
but a newcamd line (n: line goes in a cccam.cfg when infact it is newcamd line unless u change n: to cws =

There is really only 2 types of line.

C line (Ccam.cfg) No Deskey
and
N line(Newcamd.list) 01 02 03 04 ............14

N line should go into Newcamd.list file.

Before E2 type boxes you didn't need to change the front end to CWS =

When boxes where "closed source" the cams where pre loaded.

There is really only 2 types of line.

C line (Ccam.cfg) No Deskey
and
N line(Newcamd.list) 01 02 03 04 ............14

N line should go into Newcamd.list file.

Before E2 type boxes you didn't need to change the front end to CWS =

When boxes where "closed source" the cams where pre loaded.
so when I get offered either newcamd line (n: line) or mgcamd line (cws = line) they are basically the same thing?
it was just newcamd line (n: line) from supplier was in a cccam.cfg file that's why I was confused

Daughter is working in the hospitality, she was serving that Irish blokes family, Roberts or something
and Mo Salah's missus the other day.

Andy Robertson !! kids ehh :grin::grin::grin:
Andy Robertson, Irish bloke? Dont let him hear you saying that, as he is a proud scotsman.

so when I get offered either newcamd line (n: line) or mgcamd line (cws = line) they are basically the same thing?
it was just newcamd line (n: line) from supplier was in a cccam.cfg file that's why I was confused

If you change the line on the server from mgcamd to newcamd you'll see that they use different port numbers so simply swapping the CWS for N doesn't always work

Back