Cccline Confusion

Togsie

Hi,

I'm trying to do the research before ordering a Sat box. Favourite at the moment is the VU Solo which I'm thinking will make the most of my current setup which includes a multi LNB dish.

I'm also thinking that cccam is the way to go and while doing the research I've found references to 3 c-line and 5 c-line packages, the 5 c-line being the most expensive (world-cccam site). I'm struggling to understand the difference?

I'm mostly interested in he canal digital (Dutch) and Hotbird channels. Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Also I've watched some uTube videos which seem to show boxes with apps installed e.g. Icefilms and the 1Channel, is this a feature of all of the boxes out there? Will I be able to ad apps to the VU Solo?

All comments and advice gratefully received, I don't want to make and expensive mistake.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

PS Is it just me or do you have to type really slowly in this forum to avoid missed characters?

the vu range are good boxes however, the vu solo is more or less discontinued becareful there are a lot of clones. the new one is the vu solo2. however, you can still buy a vu duo with a internal 500gig hardrive fitted for £259.00 which is a better deal than the vu solo2.
as for the c- lines the decent providers will offer you free test lines so you can try there service first.

the vu range are good boxes however, the vu solo is more or less discontinued becareful there are a lot of clones. the new on is the vu solo2. however, you can dtill buy a vu duo with a internal 500gig hardrive fitted for £259.00 which is a better deal than the vu solo2.
as for the c- lines the decent providers will offer you free test lines so you can try there service first.

Mike123,

thanks for your reply. But what's the difference between 3 c-line and 5 c-line ?

sometimes providers offer you extra lines just in case one is playing up. so you just activate the other line. however if this is the case they normaly have a glitchy service. for e.g my provider will issue one line for 28.2e and one 13.0 however you have to pay for the services seperate.,
yes he is a little more expensive but you hardly get any glitching.

Mike123, thanks again.

Understood. So a company that provides all of the Satellites in a package would provide a c-Line for each Satellite (I've been looking at umbrella sharing)?

I take it then that you would recommend your provider, could you point me in his direction?

I'm getting the free-to-air stuff on 13.0 at the moment, what do you watch? Any other satellites worth getting? I'd really like Nilesat but I understand that it's bit of a challenge!

Regards.

yes, well if you want 13.0e stuff thats what you would sign up for. he dose it that way so people only pay for what they want. i only watch 28.2e

Back