CCTV DVR Not Displaying On New TV

chrissafc

Hello

I have a Kare H.264 DVR and had no bother with it, does what I need it to do connected to my Sony Bravia TV via HDMI. Yesterday got a new TV delivered Hisense 55E7KQTUK PRO 55 Inch QLED 4K UHD 144Hz Smart TV. Everything looked good etc until I went to connect the DVR box to the TV with HDMI...... It just wouldn't work, kept saying "HDMI signal lost" on all 4 HDMI ports, tried different cables, no joy. Even tried an identical DVR box, same issue it just wouldn't display and boot so I could even check via the mobile remote app.

Tested the DVR on my old TV, worked fine, tested it on 2 other TV's both fine.

At an absolute loss as to what could be the problem.

Any suggestions?

Do you have an option to set the output resolution?

I tried changing the resolution on the dvr by connecting it to my old tele, tried all resolution options which didn't work, yet all options worked on the other TV's i tested the dvr with.

all very odd

Hi pal, I think this a common issue with the Hisense TVs & HDMI. Unplug the DVR, turn off your TV at the plug wait 30/60, so all residual power has gone, connect your HDMI cable, and then power on your TV again, see if that’s help?

Hi pal, I think this a common issue with the Hisense TVs & HDMI. Unplug the DVR, turn off your TV at the plug wait 30/60, so all residual power has gone, connect your HDMI cable, and then power on your TV again, see if that’s help?

Thanks, tv TV is going back as I suspect there may be further issues. I'll avoid Hisense as clearly this is going to be an issue if I kept the TV and I can be done without the hassle.

Many thanks

I believe it is something to with the firmware with the TV, they can be quite buggy. I'd do the same take it back, find another brand if you can.

Back