Certain channels take forever to clear

Joshua90

Hey, so I've been testing quite a few services now to see which one is the best to go with. I've tried 6 services so far and they all seem to have the same problem. I'm not sure if it's my setup or the services.

Basically all popular channels e.g. Sly Sports 1 HD, BBC One HD, Disney Channel etc work perfectly.

However if you watch an obscure channel e.g. NHKWorldHD, Euronews, BET etc they seem to take a while to clear and then during peek times start to glitch.

Is this an issue with my setup? my internet connection? or is this a general problem other people are facing as well?

I should also mention, I have a Sly line in there as well.
(It doesn't affect Sly channels, just the cable ones)

Thanks,
Josh

Last edited:
your question is one I've been wondering myself, been testing a few and have the same results, myself I was wondering if its my end but I cant seem to troubleshoot this, from what I've been seeing is popular channels if I zap to them and they start straight away then I can watch them uninterrupted for about half and hour before the odd glitch or freeze but if I choose a channel that takes a few seconds to clear then I know within a minute or two it will start to glitch like crazy, and there are some channels that will take a couple of mins to clear and they work even worse and glitch every 10-20 secs

I've got a theory about this.

Dave Ja Vu seems to be glitchy and freezing no matter which server or provider you use.
This tells me that it's not the service provider nor the servers themselves, it's the actual channel or the way it's encoded or something along these lines. Blaming 'glitchy servers' or complaining about providers is therefore a waste of time

They all come from the same place check the little logos at the top of the screen, i wouldn't be surprised if it was one person doing the whole IPTV thing then selling it on too sellers who then sell it on again, it might even be more sellers in the chain..

They all come from the same place check the little logos at the top of the screen, i wouldn't be surprised if it was one person doing the whole IPTV thing then selling it on too sellers who then sell it on again, it might even be more sellers in the chain..

What's that got to do with the question asked?

Which box are you using?

Mgcamd version?
1.38 - Technomate TM-NANO-SE M2 Plus

I'm not using IPTV, this is cable.

I've got a theory about this.

Dave Ja Vu seems to be glitchy and freezing no matter which server or provider you use.
This tells me that it's not the service provider nor the servers themselves, it's the actual channel or the way it's encoded or something along these lines. Blaming 'glitchy servers' or complaining about providers is therefore a waste of time
Just tested your theory on my dave ja vu watched top gear for last 20 mins not one freeze or glitch here. Tells me Dave ja vu is a rarely used channel compared to say sky sports one. If your on a cached server they rely on people using the channel in order to answer your request fast. No cached memory server can't answer your request.

That's my theory.

Had PM's from people who have tried 6 different providers and DJV glitched on them all.

None of them use cached memory?

Just tested your theory on my dave ja vu watched top gear for last 20 mins not one freeze or glitch here. Tells me Dave ja vu is a rarely used channel compared to say sky sports one. If your on a cached server they rely on people using the channel in order to answer your request fast. No cached memory server can't answer your request.

That's my theory.
How would i know if a provider uses cache?

As discussed privately I'm using a H2 box with Andy Mc build and mgcam and Japanese sports sound my end
Might be worthwhile trying a openatv build?

It's probably the box. Like Pedro Pony stated, swapping providers and testing different servers is making no difference.
I use a KV box and DJV is glitchy as are 3 others who also use KV. My brother-in-law uses a Zgemma and his DJV is fine.

We all use the same server

As discussed privately I'm using a H2 box with Andy Mc build and mgcam and Japanese sports sound my end
Might be worthwhile trying a openatv build?
Okay I'll try OpenATV, do you know if it's similar to OpenVix? I'm so use to that image.

Not strictly true, I went from wooshbuild with no sd movies to the current build and now get all channels and for some reason seen an increase in signal, as to why I dont know So IMHO builds can make the difference.

Back