Change DNS settings OPENATV 6.1

dt99

TK Veteran
Anyone know how to change dns settings on openatv 6.1?

Every time I change them, activate the changes and go back in to check and the changes have not been saved.

Been advised to change them to the Google settings to see if it helps iptv.

yes this is a bug in atv 6.1, the solution is not for the faint hearted, you need to edit a system file and comment a few lines of code.

you need to edit the file /etc/udhcpc.d/50default in notepad or something similar (not wordpad or word etc)

scroll to the end of the file and find the lines:

Code:
               if [ -x /sbin/resolvconf ]; then
                       echo -n "$R" | /sbin/resolvconf -a "${interface}.udhcpc"
               else
                       echo -n "$R" > "$RESOLV_CONF"
               fi

and then comment them out by putting a # at the start of each line so you get

Code:
#               if [ -x /sbin/resolvconf ]; then
#                       echo -n "$R" | /sbin/resolvconf -a "${interface}.udhcpc"
#               else
#                       echo -n "$R" > "$RESOLV_CONF"
#               fi

Now save the file and restart the box by holding the power button down until a menu appears and then select restart (not restart gui)

yes this is a bug in atv 6.1, the solution is not for the faint hearted, you need to edit a system file and comment a few lines of code.

you need to edit the file /etc/udhcpc.d/50default in notepad or something similar (not wordpad or word etc)

scroll to the end of the file and find the lines:

Code:
               if [ -x /sbin/resolvconf ]; then
                       echo -n "$R" | /sbin/resolvconf -a "${interface}.udhcpc"
               else
                       echo -n "$R" > "$RESOLV_CONF"
               fi

and then comment them out by putting a # at the start of each line so you get

Code:
#               if [ -x /sbin/resolvconf ]; then
#                       echo -n "$R" | /sbin/resolvconf -a "${interface}.udhcpc"
#               else
#                       echo -n "$R" > "$RESOLV_CONF"
#               fi

Now save the file and restart the box by holding the power button down until a menu appears and then select restart (not restart gui)

Wow they don't make it easy do they...ha ha....i might give it a Go, full backup first as something is surely going to go wrong if I'm messing with coding.

Tried the above for changing dns and it still doesn't save the changes. Flashed the box to ipab using openatv 6.0 and I still cant change them......i add the changes save and it's like the box just ignores the changes.

Sorted!! I edited this file

/etc/resolv.conf

Added the Google dns as the nameserver, rebooted box and it's all changed.

After all this I bet it makes absolutely no difference to my IPTV!!

What a waste of time. Made iptv worse.....made my service go off. Changed it back and all working again!!

Back