Change name on box

djsx1

hi this is definitely true I was there myself when this happened And I’ve looked myself
I have a Zgemma box connected to my vm network when I looked in my connection settings on my hub it tells me everything that’s connected to my network
Unfortunately it give my the name of the box I’m using also,can I change that name as my friend forgot to disconnect there box b4 calling about a fault,they told my friend what was connected to the hub
They also was told to disconnect the Zgemma box also or they will be prosecuted eith illegal viewing
If there is away to change that name thanks

should be instant, you may have to restart network (in the network menu somewhere) after changing it, I can't remember as I've never changed the names on my boxes

I don't think VM would advise to disconnect the box as it is FTA and you could be using it as a satellite box which has nothing to do with VM, your BB is just to update the software.

There is away of going into your modem settings on your phone, as a VM engineer done it at my house, once in settings you can click on wifi or ethernet connected menu and select zgemma box, delete and type in what you want as he put android box in mine m8.

Back