changing internet settings

jibbbbbb

Hi all I have a super hub 2 on virgin 100mb , it has 5 g & 2g on it I have noticed when ever one is home I get freezing on cable side of box , the kids all have phones on WiFi running as do I and the wife my sons got his Xbox running most the time and my daughter will have her lap top running also my TV is a smart TV which is all so on WiFi,, so what I intend to do is set up my super hub box with two password on it one for the 5 g and the 2 g that way I can have my vu+ duo 2 box running on 5 g on its own and ever think else running on 2 g to see if it helps , my box is connected direct using internet cable straight to the back of the box , how do I set the box up so it is running on the 5 g without losing all my channels Ext ext ,, I'm hoping this will stop my freezing issues for good, yesterday no one was inn I turned my WiFi of on my phone turned the smart TV WiFi off and the box was perfect all day until ever one got home then freezing started with in 10 mins , many thanks in advance cheers

Last edited:
come on lads someone must be able to advise me on this one ,, saying that box has been running perfect when I keep internet free apart from connection to vu box so it must be something to do with over loading internet or ip address conflict advise please thank you ,,,, and by the way cadickid have you a run though guide for you sly blue epg I've heard its real good cheers mate

so what I intend to do is set up my super hub box with two password on it one for the 5 g and the 2 g that way I can have my vu+ duo 2 box running on 5 g on its own and ever think else running on 2 g to see if it helps , my box is connected direct using internet cable straight to the back of the box , how do I set the box up so it is running on the 5 g without losing all my channels Ext ext ,

Your box (VU+) will run direct off the Ethernet cable as you said, it wont use the 5g or the 2g as they are wireless channels.
Have you tried rebooting your super hub ?

Yes mate tried rebooting both my box and super hub loads of times , at the moment is all working perfect but like I said nothing else is running on internet and its all good

Last edited:
I noticed you have posted elsewhere about Mg.cfg file, it might be worth downloading another one to try

yes mate what does that do just transfer lines over on the note book thing sorry just trying to get my head around how it all works

I only sent my lines over and mgcamd cam . Am I missing something here fell like I've took one step forward and 6 back ... at the moment I'm recording the football on cable sky sports 1 and watching it on dish side and it's perfect

The only two files that need sending in would be your line (newcamd.list) and a mg.cfg file that it.
I have a similar set up to you and I find when the broadband slows down to a snails pace I get a few glitches until I reboot everything.
It's hard to pinpoint your issue if I'm honest with you. If it's working now enjoy [emoji6]

not bothered with skins but if wanting can be downloaded from plugins.
thinking if using all that stuff on broadband it would glitch,super hub depending which one used to have issues on wifi dropping so yours must be superhub 2

have you done a speed test when all connected.

thinking if using all that stuff on broadband it would glitch,super hub depending which one used to have issues on wifi dropping so yours must be superhub 2

yes mate it is a super hub 2 and yes done speed checks when ever think is running and when there not and it between 90-110

---------- Post Merged at 02:19 PM ----------

get what your saying but my box is connected directly not over WiFi ,,,

Back