Changing password

steveuk23

Hi guys ,
I will be plugging in my in-laws zgemma h2s box later now I've set it up at my house but I want it setup so I can do the openweb thing remotely to save me having to drive over every time.
So I know I have to forward 3 ports to their box from the sky router (adsl) and change the password but is it the openweb password or the FTP password or are they both the same ?
The only way I've read to do it is through telnet is there no way through the box or browser.
I was planning on using there public IP address instead of a Dyndns as their router never gets turned off.
Thanks for any help.

The FTP user/pass is root/root

The WebIF user is root, but can't remember if it is the same as ftp, I have a sneaky feeling it is, just been a while since I've used it.

BUT.....If I were you I would telnet to the box and log in as root and use the command "passwd" to change the root password or you will find that people will scan your IP and you will most likely lose access to a tuner or 2 as they steal it for IP streams.

Not saying I made that mistake *cough Cough* ahem....... :(

Cheers guys I'll change that.
Team viewers not a option unfortunately as they're both in thier 80's and don't use computers lol.
Oh just thought actually he has got a Nexus 7 tablet might see about setting team viewer on that
Cheers

Alternative (if their router is capable) is to set up a VPN connection to their router so you can appear to be at their house (in network terms) without exposing the Openwebif to the Internet

Alternative (if their router is capable) is to set up a VPN connection to their router so you can appear to be at their house (in network terms) without exposing the Openwebif to the Internet
Thanks for that I'll have a look into that not too sure how to set that up
Cheers

Back