Channel Editor

scotcruz

Blo#$y hell.. BM5000 is like going back to the stone ages if you are thinking of making your own channel lists.

I always like to make my own channel lists the way I like which was a dream using Clarke editor on my BM7000 but my Lord it's such a nightmare with BM5000 due to the change in format..

I have managed to work on Blade Media's own channel editor from their site that reads SSU format. However you have to press Save each time you add a channel to a favourite (I haven't swore so much in my life). You can't select more than one channel at a time and it's so frustrating.

There are other editors like Novatech and Ez Premium Tool but none of them can read the file off the box and display message such as "cannot read file" or "not a valid ssu"

Anyone made their lists using another channel editor? Please advise if you do because I'm ready to set fire to this..

Got mines up & running last night and I'd like a good epg however the comments ppl are leaving are putting me off!
If anyone can provide an idiots guide to doing so then please share.
Thanks

Trust me there is no idiots guide when using the channel editor from Blades website (which seems to be the only one working atm) as you have to select each channel individually and then keep hitting save.. go through 700 plus channels and you will be ready to smash the screen.. once this is done you have to go through the same pain by putting each channel into preferred order within the favourites..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

scotruz pm Blade on facebook or email em they think it's the bees knees when everyone else knows its shite

That's a good idea.. guess I will be spending my spare time on third Twitter page.. Lol

Just read their guide "Easy Steps" (yeah you think so) which is shambles.. it's goes on about select each channel and save.

I'd like to get one of their techies to sit for 3 hrs and go through the pain of clicking the required channel and hit save 700 + times..

3eru7yba.jpg

lol have a word with them to be honest I have complained about it but im not good at these editors don't know how they work so couldn't give em much info so it will be good coming from you, they need it sorting it's a pain sorting these channel lists out when there have been changes

They are not too bothered mate.. and also haven't bothered replying to any of my posts..

Looked at their channel editor for BM7000 and it's equally c#%p.. they didn't do anything with that and don't think will fix this..

Clarke editor made it a dream to make channel lists for BM7000 and now I'm regretting upgrading to BM5000

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I have found it easier to do it on the box itself rather than going through the learning process of a channel editor. To personalize a channel list, I have downloaded a ready made one from Blade Online in the menu. Then go to Channel editor in the Menu. Toggle between satellites with F1 button to get the full list. Then the ones that are already in Favourites will have a heart by them. Going through the channel list, select the ones to add or delete by pressing the Fav button when a channel is selected. To determine which Icon represents which Category, select a channel that is already a favourite and the Icon will be highlighted. When complete, do an Image Backup to the USB memory stick.

It's just carp isn't it the whole thing! Putting my family right off the box the layout, favs, EPG etc. My own fault I know not buying better! :)

Even the icloud running sly/fraggle skin???

---------- Post Merged at 01:40 PM ----------

And every time you do a blade online scan do you not have to restart the whole process again? :)

can you confirm what satellites I should be ticking please to search on? I've a standard old sky dish - not motarised. cheers

Never played with the 5000, is it not possible to download the channel list from STB to PC via RS232 then change the file name and use the Clarke Editor, renaming the file name and download back to STB
Reason I say this is because after downloading from BM 7000 Combo to PC the file name can be changed and uploaded to BM8000, Sat only tuner 2 crap

Never played with the 5000, is it not possible to download the channel list from STB to PC via RS232 then change the file name and use the Clarke Editor, renaming the file name and download back to STB
Reason I say this is because after downloading from BM 7000 Combo to PC the file name can be changed and uploaded to BM8000, Sat only tuner 2 crap

If you wanted to upgrade to a BM8000, you could just save the channel list to a flash drive and change the name on a computer. Then just save it to the 8000. As far as I am aware the second tuner is for cable.

how do you add more fave groups using this editor??
I always use Clarke editor. When you are in there. Right click on free favourites such as FAV10, FAV11 and so on and rename as you like.. then add channels.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Back