Channel freezing on less popular channels

Hi first post so go easy, I'm pretty tech savvy but completely new to enigma 2 boxes.

I get channels freezing for a few seconds every couple of minutes. FTA channels are all fine, as are the more popular channels like the ones that have football, main events, f1 etc (didn't see anything about channel naming in the rules but thought I'd play it safe) I get it more on what if say were less popular channels.

I'e done a wee bit of digging on the forum and looked at previous responses to similar issues.

Firstly, I've got a zgemma h5.2tc box. Ipab image. Ethernet connection to router using dhcp

My virgin downstream power goes from between -3.5 and -1.5dBmV and SNR is between 38.6 and 38.9db, and upstream power is 46.3 so I think I can rule that out.

ECM I'm not entirely sure what it is exactly, but I've seen it go from 0.035 to 2.500
Strangely I've seen it at 1.5 and above and not freeze on the channels which are what I would say more popular and freeze at a lower number on others.

Ideally I'm after some pointer as to what I should be troubleshooting to try and find the issue, and can provide any more information needed.

Someone suggested to me that it' possibly the supplier using a cache on certain channels but I'm not sure that even makes sense with it coming through a cable connection?

Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks in advance.

this an excellent and informative post, it gives every piece of information required to form an informed response. obviously you've done your homework and indeed it looks to me that your signal levels look ok as you rightly suggested.
If it's only a few least popular channels like Travel or similar then I wouldn't worry but if it more than a few channels then it may be cause for concern, which channels in particular, bearing in mind you can name as many channels as you like - if mostly +1 chans etc then this is normal but not sport/movies etc

this an excellent and informative post, it gives every piece of information required to form an informed response. obviously you've done your homework and indeed it looks to me that your signal levels look ok as you rightly suggested.
If it's only a few least popular channels like Travel or similar then I wouldn't worry but if it more than a few channels then it may be cause for concern, which channels in particular, bearing in mind you can name as many channels as you like - if mostly +1 chans etc then this is normal but not sport/movies etc

Thanks for the quick response!

I don't have any issue on ppv channels or any sky sports. But I do on premier sports and a couple of the sports channels down beside it in the guide.

Similar in the factual type channels, discovery,history etc are fine but things like dmax and travel like you said are very stop start. Some of the additional channels from the 5 FTA channel providers can be the same. Quite a few but not any of the ones most people want (I however have strange taste in tv)

The fact that I get good reception on sky sports etc is what's confusing me. That coupled with the high ECM (Which currently all I know is the lower the better haha) is kind of stopping my limited knowledge being able to trouble shoot it. One makes me think it's the line and the other the router/wan connection. Yet both have reasons that seem to rule them out. Broadband is 300mb and last speed test on my mobile(wireless)gave me results of 248 download with a ping of 12ms, so no problem there.

The line starts CWS - not fully got my head round n or c line yet.
Doesn't have the KEEPALIVE command in it but I gather that that would affect more going from FTA to cable and not cable to cable so again i'd guess not that. It is running in mgcamd(spelling may be incorrect.) 1.38r1 I think. Hopefully something i can tweak on my box and not a problem with the line. It was fairly cheap I suppose so not the end of the world if it is. Granted I've only ever had this so it may not actually have been cheap.

Thanks

I have been suffering from this in the S.Yorks area for over two weeks now, I changed from ipab to open atv 6.1 v2.3 V-skin HDv2.005 due to the Hd problems. Regarding my levels I know nothing about this. I am freezing on all sports sky news and films.
The only thing I did different was flash the new firmware on the Netgear r7000 router. I was wondering if it was just me that was experiencing this. I will keep reading in the forums to see if anything pops up.
Merry Christmas

Jayne

Hi. Ive been having similar probs.. evn itv is freezing for a couple of seconds randomly.. just recently updated from the sucemnsee sly to vir skin with patch to fix the audio description.. is there something in the h2h setup i can check

I've tried multiple line providers this last year for cable and they all have similar issues with certain channels, luckily majority of the ones that have the issues I dont watch them that often or as my box is a combo box I can find the satellite free version of it and play it from sat instead with no issues, on mine mtv live hd, mtv rocks, some plus one channels and ginxesports tv are the main culprits, and quite a few that can be found on sat for free too, but as the rest of the premium channels are fine 99 percent of the time I have no issue with it. You can tell if its your line playing up when you get freezing on all channels, but if only specific channels then thats a issue with the way those channels are shared with other users or are cached as not so much resources are put into them as less popular.

Update on my freezing channels, I re flashed the router back to the previous firmware and I can say the zgemma as levelled out again, still shit on some of the channels but the HD ones are ok again and the hubby can watch the football again. I am not sure if this was coincidence/server or weather it was the new firmware I flashed to the router. But like I have said stepped back and its working again. I am using the h2h combo.

Back