Channel scanning

snicketman

Hi all. Ive been looking through my Openbox v8 menu and i came across `Satellite List` showing various different names of satellites. Ive looked online to find what programmes are in these and tried scanning them but all i get are the same UK channels in different orders etc. Is there a way of getting these extra foreign channels onto my box?

I'd upgrade the box first. The V8S is okay for starters but you soon get bored with its lack of features.

If you have a fixed dish aimed at a specific satellite then you can only scan that satellite .
To be able to watch channels on other sats you need either a bracket with multi lnb's and diseqc switch or the better option, a motorised dish [usually about 80cms plus a H-H motor].
The openbox is a cheap and easy box but never listen to the knockers--the basic boxes do exactly what they are supposed to do and the latest models are excellent for cost and quality--unless you intend to become a sat nut like some of us then stay within your budget and knowledge sanctums.
Reaper.

Back