Channels breaking up

stelewis1

Hi guys, av just set up a h2h box up for me dad, but his channels are freezing and breaking up alot,he's just recently had vm installed( broadband and phone only) av used a splitter to connect his box up, I set it up in my house were I get basic tv package aswell and it run spot on as does my own box,so it's not the line,av also tried my box in his house and have same breaking up problems, his net speed is 50 meg download so rule that out aswell, any ideas or suggestions much appreciated
Cheers

I have swapped splitter but only for a cheap one off ebay so will try that one your saying, could it be down to the fact that he doesn't get a basic tv package?? I know it usually doesn't matter as long as you have some kind of feed into house, ie broadband in this case

No it won't be that it maybe the splitter or he's getting too much interference have a look in the cable section there's a few threads with similar issues with screen shots so it could help you determine what the issue is

I have swapped splitter but only for a cheap one off ebay so will try that one your saying, could it be down to the fact that he doesn't get a basic tv package?? I know it usually doesn't matter as long as you have some kind of feed into house, ie broadband in this case

---------- Post Merged at 10:43 AM ----------

Sorry posted same thing twice then

---------- Post Merged at 10:44 AM ----------

Al try ordering new splitter by sounds of it that should solve it hopefully

Hi make sure you get the Virgin QuickStart connection pack as thats the cables they use on their installations. Far better quality than the cheap ones you get on the Internet. also make sure you get a tratec splitter as not having any issues now

---------- Post Merged at 11:35 AM ----------

Here mate this what you need

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/QUICKSTART-CONNECTORS-VIRGIN-MEDIA-COMPLETE-PACK-/191921700513?nav=SEARCH

I had similar problems - make sure the splitter is 5mhz-1000mhz one - and in my case I had to cut the coax cable as the one installed by VM didn't have quite enough copper wire coming into the f connecter - once I cut the wire and allowed an extra mm or so of copper wire going into the f connection it was working great. Pixelation virtually gone but still get some pixelation on some channels when the kids are on the PS4 and computer using up the broadband bandwidth even though I have 100mbs broadband. Decided to leave it as is as I don't know what else to try. And it's only on a few channels and when the kids are playing their games - sky news HD is the worst affected. The f connection for the cable tuner is very sensitive on this box. Hopefully this helps and if anyone has any ideas about pixelation when the kids are on the PS4 it would be appreciated. I have tried many lines and it is the same.

do you have Digital Signal Filter (think thats what its called) fitted at yours and not at your dads just a idea

They are attenuators. They reduce the signal level into your set-top box

digital Signal Conditioning Filter Forward Path Attenuator

Last edited:
Have you tried cutting the cable and trying with a bit more copper wire showing just past the tip of the f connecter? If you don't want to cut the cable you could try a different cable - not sure where the router is but if near the box try the router cable in the box - a previous post on this forum said it worked for them - also try tightening the connecter using the plastic spanner that comes in the box with the VM router. If all that fails try changing the coax to rf connecter. Let us know how you get on.

Av re done all f connectors etc but nothing seems to be solving the problem,only thing left to do is change coax,after that am out of ideas

Av re done all f connectors etc but nothing seems to be solving the problem,only thing left to do is change coax,after that am out of ideas

Try a new coax cable - use a good quality one CT100 standard - and tighten the connections really tight with spanner. Also try playing with the RF in connector like pushing it in half way or something see if that makes a difference.
If at all possible - try the coax cable from your place and see if that solves it before paying for a new coax cable.

Reading some of the previous posts i find im having the same issue all channels work fine until the ps4 is switched on and the majority of channels experience interference only a handfull of HD channels work fine.switch the ps4 off and all is ok again

Back