1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Channels gone

Discussion in 'General Cable TV.' started by Wanderer93, Jan 9, 2018.

1. elephantman

elephantman Registered

Got a test line and ftp via root, usr, keys . Still not showing in the softcam. Any ideas how I can get my line on. This only happened this morning

Will try that now grog

OK apparently it's the softcam that has become corrupt as a c line works. How do I solve this. Do I need to do a software update on the grog build

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2018
  2. qasim22

qasim22 TK Veteran

go in menu and plugins should be able to uninstall the cam. then reinstall again from the plugins section or download from this site in downloads section

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. pabloescaban

pabloescaban TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Each time I've asked people to do this, it hasn't worked, removing and replacing a corrupted softcam appears to be a waste of time for some reason as the new one is the same.
    I'm not even sure it's a corrupt softcam but changing from CWS To C or Newcamd line seems to do the trick

4. siilver

siilver TK Veteran

All on twitter last night

Unhappy customers

5. qasim22

qasim22 TK Veteran

Luckily i didnt experience any issues at all :)

6. Spiller7

Spiller7 Registered

Hi all,

My channels don’t appear to be clearing - my provider has said there’s no issue with the line at their end - could this be an issue with my softcam as noted above? If so do I need to reinstall my line?

7. qasim22

qasim22 TK Veteran

yesterday someone changed line format ie N line to C line and this worked for them

8. elephantman

elephantman Registered

It was me. Seems there's an issue with mgcamd.list. yesterday i got a test c line and it worked fine. Tried my old mgcamd.list today and it still doesn't work. But the c line is working

9. grog68

grog68 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

you are naming the file newcamd.list aren't you and not mgcamd.list?

10. elephantman

elephantman Registered

Yes the file is named newcamd.list. Sorry my mistake. But as mentioned the c line works and the mgcamd doesn't

11. qasim22

qasim22 TK Veteran

try a test without another N line.

It could be the port for the N lines on the server your using which has a issue

12. robsterno1

robsterno1 Registered

Evening all,

Can I just confirm please is there an outage issue in Nottingham? Or is it more likely I have a server issue?

Thanks

13. skyvmninja

skyvmninja Forum Supporter

it was area dependent thats why mate

14. qasim22

qasim22 TK Veteran

best to check ln status site mate with your area code

15. skyvmninja

skyvmninja Forum Supporter

have a look on the vm website for area outages

16. grog68

I'm in the Nottingham Net ID area (00008) and not noticed any problems although all I have had on most of the night is FTA apart from a quick flick to sky1hd which was working fine

17. rs500nutter

rs500nutter TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Vermin internet went off in 0008 mansfield area at 20.18pm for 18 mins and theres a problem loading the sky sports player on ios devices at min but i think its localised fault :thumbsup:

18. robsterno1

robsterno1 Registered

Morning all,

Thanks for the replies Looks like it could be my server then, had the box down powered for a couple of days and now nothing. I'll request a test line and see what happens.

Thanks

19. grog68

have you restarted the cam?