Channels keep freezing, any ideas please !!!

Hi all,

I have line setup on mgcamd but all channels keep freezing and starting any ideas please ?

I have one and is fine but a couple of my friends keep freezing on all channels, I have reset network and mgcamd but still the same ?

Thanks,

Simon

sounds like bad server remember when you buy a line cheapest is not always the best option.

i would try a test line off another sever and see how that works.

Aldo rebooting router can help. And if they're on wireless change to wired or homeplugs.
lastly if its on freeview too its dish/feed issue.

hi guys, im gettiing certain channels that freeze after 3 seconds or so as well. Premier sport is the main one as its brilliant for aussie rugby league.
i have an open box f5s and they work fine on there, however they freeze on the zgemma.

is there anything i can do to manually change the channel freq to stop this on the zgemma as it's a massive step up from the openbox ?

cheers for the replies guys. i've used the same ccam notepad file on both boxes so i can't see it being that.

would it make a difference using the Mgcamd rather than the ccam ?

just weird how it's just Premier sports affected by the freeze and the odd skinflick channel :smoke rings:

Check with supplier ur allowed twin tuner as some servers need to switch u to dual line. Or temporarily disable a tuner and see does it fix?

Hi Jon

How did you get on with in the end? I'm having the same issues. Fine on the f5s but freezing on the zgemma 2s. Only some sly channels freezing for a good length of time - same issue as you.

I changed to a ZGemma H1 from an F5s. My provider is top drawer been with them 2 yrs. I know they have some cable issues and are on with it. But Sd side is perfect on the F5s but the ZGemma H1 tends to freeze often even on the Sd side. Any ideas. If is with back to my F5s I have no issues at all.

---------- Post Merged at 08:37 PM ----------

If I switch back to the F5s. That should say. Could it be my ZGemma box.

I changed to a ZGemma H1 from an F5s. My provider is top drawer been with them 2 yrs. I know they have some cable issues and are on with it. But Sd side is perfect on the F5s but the ZGemma H1 tends to freeze often even on the Sd side. Any ideas. If is with back to my F5s I have no issues at all.

---------- Post Merged at 08:37 PM ----------

If I switch back to the F5s. That should say. Could it be my ZGemma box.

Ive read that the tuners on the zgemma are "sensitive". What that means exactly, god knows, but whats your signal strength like on the zgemma compared to the F5S?

Yes its SNR 80% AGC 0 0% whatever that means. It's just as I say the F5s is flawless but the ZGemma H1 freezes for 5 secs to a min on occasions.

---------- Post Merged at 10:46 PM ----------

Sorry SNR 100% AGC 90% after checking again.

anyone come up with a solution for openbox/skybox working but zgemma freezing yet? I have tried 2 different boxes both freeze (but run fine at my house) but openboxes work there. obviously its down to the network/internet connection at my mates house just strange that the oppenboxes work and the zgemmas dont? FTA channels also work without issue.

any suggestions?

hi

I've been having exact same problem on my Zgemma star S2 on the sports channels - it was set up with TP Link plugs as router in hall and tv in lounge

just put a very long ethernet cable direct from router into Zgemma and no gfreeze for last hour so guess found the solution to my problem (well I now know what it is but not sure the mrs is gonna allow me to keep the ethernet traiiling through hall permanently !!!)

can only assume the encryption / scrambling was slipping through the tp link plugs in some way that doesnt happen with the direct connection?

I bought a box from Ebay with the 12 months gift, I had nothing but problems with freezing, every 5 minutes in the evening it would freeze, it ruined movies and greatly frustrated the wife. I often contacted the seller and he would always tell me to reboot the box and the router, which I did and it would work again for 6 hours! I then asked for a test line from this very site and was given a 24 hour job, in that 24 hours I didn't experience a single freeze, as a result I paid up for 12 month. 3 weeks in and I still haven't had a freeze.

Back