Cable Channels missing on two lines

Hi,

I have set up my H.2H box and on the whole I'm happy with it. I'm on VM and split the cable going to my router, all good on that front. I get most of the Sports, Movies and HD channels without problem. However, I have paid for two lines. One a C line and one a N line. I have problems receiving specific channels on either line which is baffling me. For example, I can't get Kerrang, MTV Rocks, Nick Jr, Sky Sports HD4 and a number of other channels regardless of the provider I choose. I have messed about with providers, trying York (FF Leeds) 41064, Leeds 41053 and various others (W Yorkshire 00001 doesn't work at all) and every provider is the same problem.

I contacted my line suppliers and they say that they can find no issues at their end. I just wondered if this was a common issue or if I need to look to do something or have a setting wrong somewhere. It's a bit of a coincidence that no matter which line supplier I choose, the same channels aren't available.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

Hi,

I have set up my H.2H box and on the whole I'm happy with it. I'm on VM and split the cable going to my router, all good on that front. I get most of the Sports, Movies and HD channels without problem. However, I have paid for two lines. One a C line and one a N line. I have problems receiving specific channels on either line which is baffling me. For example, I can't get Kerrang, MTV Rocks, Nick Jr, Sky Sports HD4 and a number of other channels regardless of the provider I choose. I have messed about with providers, trying York (FF Leeds) 41064, Leeds 41053 and various others (W Yorkshire 00001 doesn't work at all) and every provider is the same problem.

I contacted my line suppliers and they say that they can find no issues at their end. I just wondered if this was a common issue or if I need to look to do something or have a setting wrong somewhere. It's a bit of a coincidence that no matter which line supplier I choose, the same channels aren't available.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

Phil, I had someone the other day who had the same issues as yourself, he also thought that possibly it was the provider and tried another test line. Same problem with any connection. All I can add with experience is this, I run a Zgemma with a top notch provider, I can get every channel apart from sky movies in sd, as to why I'm absolutely baffled. Now here's the thing I tried testing an openbox v8 pro from our good friend the Reaper on this forum and every channel including sd movies were grabbed by the tuner. It could well be that its as simple as the tuner, the only other thing I would try is to run a manual scan and see if the channels are grabbed that way. You can then edit into the bouquets if that's what your running

Thanks Garyth,

As you say, I think it must be the tuner or something like that. I am thinking of getting a better box than the Zgemma so will have a look around at what people recommend. I still think that although you can receive cable through the H.2H, it isn't a tailored solution for it. The tuners are for Sat and a hybrid for Cable. I'm no expert but it doesn't fill me with confidence when I see that.

I am running bouquets btw. Thanks again for your advice.

I have pretty much the same thing with some channels too. MTV Rocks, Forces TV, PBS America and some of the kids channels. To be honest, they are channels I rarely (if ever) would watch but I'd be very interested if you find a solution. I'm in Blackburn using the 41048 Net ID and have done pretty much everything you have. Its actually been the same on test lines I got as well (4 lines in total) - so I have a feeling its something to do with the signal / frequency those channels use rather than the line provider - could be wrong though!. Please do post on here if you get to the bottom of the problem!

Back