Cheap netflix no more!?

TangoOne

Looks like netflix has cracked down on the setting up an account via a cheaper country. I got kicked off my Turkey account, move to a Nigeria account work out about 3 quid for the 4k pack but they shut that down too. I think the only way around it is prepaid netflix turkey card unless anyone else has come up with a workaround.

Looks like netflix has cracked down on the setting up an account via a cheaper country. I got kicked off my Turkey account, move to a Nigeria account work out about 3 quid for the 4k pack but they shut that down too. I think the only way around it is prepaid netflix turkey card unless anyone else has come up with a workaround.
This has been mentioned on Netflix albania

How are you paying? I have a turkish netflix and it's still running but I pay via gift cards

Same - I was kicked off Netflix Turkey because my payment card didn’t match the country. Re-activated my sub using a gift card and have been fine - apart from having to use a VPN to Turkey (hopefully only for the first month 🤞)

I only use a VPN when logging in to redeem a gift card, don't use it when streaming but I have been using it for a good couple of years now

I only use a VPN when logging in to redeem a gift card, don't use it when streaming but I have been using it for a good couple of years now
I didn’t use to have to either - I need to now because they cancelled my sub and so I have just re-started sub. When you start a sub these days you’re Geo Locked to the origin country for the first month - and I’m hoping I can lose the VPN again at the end of that

Seems OK using gift cards for me. I don't use a VPN to stream but I'm on a mobile network so maybe that makes it more difficult for them to control?

Last edited:
So how much is the 300TL monthly costing you?

So how much is the 300TL monthly costing you?
I don't buy the 300TL, to be honest not seen 300tl gift cards, the 200tl basically cover a month for the Premium sub last time out, a couple of weeks ago I paid just under £15 (including fees) for 2x200TL gift cards which gave me 2 months netflix premium sub.

I don't buy the 300TL, to be honest not seen 300tl gift cards, the 200tl basically cover a month for the Premium sub last time out, a couple of weeks ago I paid just under £15 (including fees) for 2x200TL gift cards which gave me 2 months netflix premium sub.
My memory playing tricks on me, it is in fact, 200 tl per month, not 300.
When paying on Revolut, 200 cost just under 6 euro, these cards would cost just under 9 euro.
I may have to wait until my mate goes back to his house in Kusadasi hahaha

Now its 229TL per month, I'd think a 300TL gift card would be ideal, otherwise we'll be adding credit every 3 weeks or putting in multiple gift cards, which will be a royal PIA. MTC only do 75/100/200 TL cards

Now its 229TL per month, I'd think a 300TL gift card would be ideal, otherwise we'll be adding credit every 3 weeks or putting in multiple gift cards, which will be a royal PIA. MTC only do 75/100/200 TL cards
when did it go up, when I checked the other day it was still 199TL/month

Edit: oh yea just checked its gone up this week

Last edited:
In fairness is netflix even worth subscribing too anymore. Just old shows and then when a new show is on binge watch it in a day and then don't use it again🤣

In fairness is netflix even worth subscribing too anymore. Just old shows and then when a new show is on binge watch it in a day and then don't use it again🤣
I use it for when grand daughter is over, makes life simple she tells me what she wants and where to find it lol she's only 5 and I'm sure we've watched every octonaughts episode half a dozen times lol

Where do you get your gift cards from, im paying by revelut at the moment but not sure for how ling.

Back