Cheap Satellite Receiver

soutermon

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a fairly cheap box for use in my kids room? I've got the Zgemma Star H2S and have no complaints so far, but we are about to switch over from our current tv provider in the next few days and they will need something in their room to keep them entertained. If I can get something under £50 I'll be happy, it doesn't need to be too fancy either, as it won't be used as regularly as our main family tv.

I've done a pretty basic search, but can't find what I'm after, so apologies if there is an existing thread!

Cheers

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a fairly cheap box for use in my kids room? I've got the Zgemma Star H2S and have no complaints so far, but we are about to switch over from our current tv provider in the next few days and they will need something in their room to keep them entertained. If I can get something under £50 I'll be happy, it doesn't need to be too fancy either, as it won't be used as regularly as our main family tv.

I've done a pretty basic search, but can't find what I'm after, so apologies if there is an existing thread!

Cheers

get the a openbox v8s, my daughters use them. Very easy to navigate through the menu, great for kids

get the a openbox v8s, my daughters use them. Very easy to navigate through the menu, great for kids

Can you get a Sly skin for that, or will they be stuck with the stock one it comes with? Sly skin would be best as they know their way around it already.

No you cant get sky skin for that, but for another £25 you can get a Zgemma and then you'll have everything that looks like a sky box. I thought by your post you were just looking for the basics!

Zgemma S Basic model single tuner £52 You have the luxury of a good EPG and channels lists will sort them selfs out

The Openbox V8S as Garyth has kindly pointed out is a great box but for another £15ish i would go Zgemma S

Our forum sponser sells them on here

Thanks to both of you. Think I'll plump for the Zgemma after all. Worth paying the extra £15 to not have to continually sort things for them!

Thanks to both of you. Think I'll plump for the Zgemma after all. Worth paying the extra £15 to not have to continually sort things for them!

Find out if your H2S connection is more than 2 line multi, then you can add this to the kids box as well, saves you buying another connection

So I've gone and ordered the Zgemma 2s, making this thread totally pointless now! Funny how I can always talk myself to spending a wee bit more cash when it comes to technology!

Back