Checking if cable is live

BSM911

I'm trying to determine if my cable is live, and tried connecting it to a tv with a 'F-Connector Socket to RF Coax Aerial Male Adapter' and scanning, but nothing has come up. Does this mean the line is dead or is it not possible to test this way?

Thanks

I’ve not really tried it myself, but google shows some people have done it and got the FTA channels.

The only way to know for sure is to get a real cable box?

Yh I was hoping I could check beforehand and not need to waste £80 on a h2h to check, as if not live i'll be going down the IPTV route on my 2 h2s boxes

Have you had services before with them, if you have, then there is a strong possibility you are live ??

yh i think i do actually. Would plugging in the tivo to my existing cable show channels and confirm my line is live, or will i need to perform some additional setup ? thanks

Yh I've ordered a multimeter, should be here soon. Was hoping there was a way using his router tho but guess not.

How would I go about testing the coax is live using a multimeter? Sorry if this is a dumb question but all I could find was tutorials where the actual wire was being tested, rather than testing is a signal is coming through. Thanks

Surely the router would come on but flash on the rx/tx phase if there was no account at the property ?
You wont get internet unless you have a paid up account with them

Back