Checking line active

Noste500

moved house and new house has a virmin box and cabling going inside house . I want to check the line is active .
If I borrow a legit virmin box and plug it in will that clear some fta channels and tell me if it’s active??
Do I need anything else as well as the box itself ??
Does it need internet connection ? ( I am on bt Internet )

I have a VU duo 2 and will buy a cable tuner for it if the line is active ...

Do I need owt else to test it ?!
Cheers in advance ..

Is it worth investing in a cable tuner and sub presently in you opinions ( with channels going etc )

moved house and new house has a virmin box and cabling going inside house . I want to check the line is active .
If I borrow a legit virmin box and plug it in will that clear some fta channels and tell me if it’s active??
Yes
Do I need anything else as well as the box itself ??
No
Does it need internet connection ? ( I am on bt Internet )
Yes for when you get your sub.

I have a VU duo 2 and will buy a cable tuner for it if the line is active ...
Yes

Do I need owt else to test it ?!
Cheers in advance ..

Is it worth investing in a cable tuner and sub presently in you opinions ( with channels going etc )
You will need a cable tuner. Then ask for a test line in the cable section. If happy with test line then purchase for the amount of time you are happy with.
How long it will last is anyone’s guess.

I know how to set up lines and boxes .
Just didn’t know how to test if virmin feed is live ..
???
Cheers

Do you not know anyone with a cable zgemma or other cable box?
any internet will suffice for testing purposes, although to guarantee the VM cable stays live, you might be wise to swap your broadband to VM rather than BT as it's usually cheaper and more reliable

you dont need internet to test?
you can test for bbc1/2 itv ch4 ch5 sd with out a line
and if you get them you have a live connection

for how long depends how busy the area is
as said above just get the internet when you can and then they cant cut yea
you will get more speed than bt and save yourself line rental

Thanks
Still a question :
Do I just need the actual virgin box from my pal ( genuine box ) or other items as well to test ??
And no , don’t know anyone with cable box only ( have 4 sat boxes but no cable tuners )
So looking to test if active by using a genuine box ..

Does genuine box need to be plugged into internet .. ( to test if tv line active ) ???
cheers

As long as your friend is in the same netid I think it should pick up the FTA 1-5 SD without internet.
Give it a try, nothing to lose, and a whole set of cheap channels to gain.
I've never had VM, but the girl next door has an active line ;)

Just connect your VU box to the virgin cable coming into the house.

Make sure you have the correct Net Id selected for your area.

Scan for channels, 1-5 SD should clear if it's live, the rest will be a black screen until you add a cable sub to your box, then they will clear.

You will need one of these to connect your box

ariel.jpg

I don’t have a cable tuner in my VU duo !!

The question is will a borrowed genuine box work ..
And does it need internet connecting ?

Thanks
Still a question :
Do I just need the actual virgin box from my pal ( genuine box ) or other items as well to test ??
And no , don’t know anyone with cable box only ( have 4 sat boxes but no cable tuners )
So looking to test if active by using a genuine box ..

Does genuine box need to be plugged into internet .. ( to test if tv line active ) ???
cheers
Borrow his box or broadband,if he pays for a sub it will work,i was always pinching my dads broadband router.

Back