Chevrolet Kalos 1.2 06 plate ABS issue

lee1234

Looking for some advice guys. Miss has Chevrolet kalos 1.2 06 plate. Recently she has had a issue with the ABS light coming on and when slowing down the brakes sound like they are grinding best way to describe it is when you have snow behind your breaks and you try to break. Took it to our local and they checked everything and couldn't find any issues. No cracks on ABS rings Just a little rust.

Seems like a common issue with these cars but can't seem to find a solution anywhere!

Long shot but any ideas?

Cheers

were diagnostics run to say which wheel is at fault,was it cleaned as surface could be dirty re wedge of rust or new sensor needed.

Had them cleaned with wire brush. Still the same it's only intermittently it happens. For some reason no garage near me can read Chevrolet codes so it's looking like I might need to take it to them but no doubt they will try and rob me. Heard it's something like £60 Just to connect the machine up!

You have got to get it plugged in, I would think a sensor/corrosion problem but you will save yourself hasstle in the long run. We read the codes for £30 I would think you will find somebody around that price.

Back