Chinese Crispy Salt And Chilli Chicken Wings Recipe

rudey

[h=1]This Chinese Crispy Salt And Chilli Chicken Wings Recipe Is Perfect For A Night In[/h]

salt-chilli-chicken-wings.jpg

This recipe for Chinese crispy salt and chilli chicken wings is absolutely delicious and is part of our mutant chefs alternative takeaway repertoire – her tried and tested versions of takeaway classics. So this time it’s the turn of Chinese style crispy salt and chilli chicken wings which she admits to being addicted too. So here you go. I’ll be making them this weekend and I’ll let you know how they go down.
Marinade
50ml Sake (you can use dry sherry or white wine)
1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
1 tsp chopped fresh garlic
1 level tsp Chinese 5 spice
Good pinch of salt and white pepper
About 12 Chicken wings
4 heaped tbsp Cornflour (may need a little extra if wings are big)
1 egg
1 red Chilli (diced)
1 Onion (sliced)
½ Green pepper (sliced)
2 cloves Garlic
½ tsp ginger
2 Spring onion
Sesame oil
Method:
Mix first 5 ingredients and marinade chicken wings for at least 1 hour.
Remove from fridge and add the cornflour and egg, mix to a smooth paste that covers all the wings.
Fry them in small batches (either deep or shallow fry), placing each one on paper towel after fry, keep warm.
In a wok, heat 1 tbsp sesame oil and fry the garlic, ginger, pepper, chilli and onion for 2 minutes. Add the wings and fry for a further minute. Add the spring onion.
Season well in sea salt and white pepper, serve!

I make these but cheat a bit and use the salt and pepper seasoning from the Chinese supermarket. It's basically chilli flakes, five spice, salt and sugar.

I cook the chicken first, then coat in flour and add it to the seasoning's and onions/veg etc already in the pan. It's not bad.

Last edited:
Back