Cline with PC Satellite card

tim131

Hello,

We're doing up the office and I am having a look at the PC, there is an extra PCIe slot and there so happens to be a Satellite cable coming into the office as well, right beside where we would keep the computer... so the techie in me wonders... is it possible to purchase a Satellite card for the PC that would take a Cline? and have it be functionally the same as having a skybox or whatver?

I have tried googling this and couldn't find much, maybe I am googling wrong terms, so if anyone can point me in the right direction or even if you've done it yourself and could provide feedback or advice it would be muchly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim, you can buy a satellite card no problem, just make sure it uses the same pci as your pc. You then need dvb viewer to install on your pc (quick google search will find you some free ones, or a quick torrent search for premium ones), BUT, what i suggest doing first is go to the link I just inboxed you, download a few of the plugins from the bottom half of the page, check their compatibility with the dvb viewers and away you go. good luck

I have just done a similar thing. Installed a PCI dvb-s2 tuner card in my PC. Using DVB Viewer PRO it is working quite well and I also have the ability to use it as a server on the PC with the card installed and watch the channels on other PC's on my home network. What I have had issues with is finding a proper channel list, scanning seems to be a bit hit or miss to get all the channels and for some reason even though I have multiple BBC HD channels none give me sound. The other issue I have found is finding a good EPG.

Currently I am using an older version of DVB View PRO (4.5) which may be why I am having problems but wanted to play with it a bit before I parted with my cash hoping the latest version will solve my issues. My goal is to use this as the backend then something like mediaportal as the frontend.

Back