Cloud IBox 2 or SkyBox F5 ?

davidward

This is basically my first post, if I'm in the wrong section I do apologise.

My question is what the title states, which is better ?. I'm new to all this but I have learnt a lot lately. Thanks.

really can't compare the two boxes The cloud is an enigma2 linux box and the skybox well is a skybox. The enigma boxes are a lot better, but require a lot of setting up out of the box. picture quality is the old saying the more you pay the better you get. once setup correctly then all should be good.

The skybox easy setup picture quality average and they need some updating of channel ists as channel freq move cause sky like to do that for some reason, and you would need to keep updating the EPG to keep the list alive.

Skybox good as a first box and you will learn loads about how this satellite stuff works, but if you want just watch tv, and not have to worry if the channel will be there when you switch on then a linux box. Thats just my view. Hope it helps a little.

So with a Linux Box you wont need to worry about updating the channels because I've read it does it automatically ?.

i agree with all the comments for the extra few quid buy a clou box. the skybix is very poor in comparison.

If you want something you plug in and watch straight away then get the skybox. If you want something that you can have a bit of a play around with, but not too much as it's a clone box, then the cloud ibox is the one for you.

Replaced my f5 with a ibox 2 plus agreed much much better but very fiddley, but worth the difference.

Skybox was like watching anologue via a coat hanger in comparison

Back