Cloud ibox2 plus adding plugins

cardiff35

Cloud ibox2 plus adding picons

I am using openpli image, have it almost setup to my liking.
I can't get picons to display. I ftp'd the picons i originally copied from an alien openpli version.
I selected the picon path to user/share/enigma/picon in the settings.
Also in the config of epg I selected option to select picons. But no picons coming up.
Am I missing something? any ideas please.

Also on another point, I did a back up to usb. I tried reload it after messing up the settings but version looked like it was
uploading but didn't give a done at the end. I had to go back to original copy & start again. Any ideas?

Also looking for a sly skin that works on openpli, my alien version just crashed the box.

Last edited:
Dont know open pli I use vix without picons.
But have you tried getting fresh picons list not off the alien? and if you google cloud ibox 2 plus sky skin you might have some luck. But skin is image specific as uv found and any other will brick box and ull have to start again.
Sorry just thought id try help as u havnt had any so far. Good luck

I did get picons to work momentarily when I installed a Rats picon ipk but when I powered off & removed usb box crashed on power up.
I had to reload from original copy so 90 min later back to start.
So trying to get to stage where can do back up & if things mess up can reload.
BUT still do backup to usb, making sure there is file called backupstick.txt on usb. It appears to work ok but still not getting dOne when finished upload.
any ideas fixing back up issue welcome.

I use a plugin full backup to usb. Using the vix backup manager has same problem as u
Try plugin backup maker

The picons were on a usb stick, when I removed usb stick it & powered on again image got caught in continuous crash after booting - the green screen had something like the plugins run order error- could only see it for a split second. I reinserted usb but still kept crashing.
Do you have to have the picons on memory stick or HDD?
Can the usr/share/enigma/picon location be used?

Biggest problem I have now is not being able to do proper back-up, It takes too long to set-up the image after crashing, about 90 mins. So I am reluctant to try different things until I get this resolved. I'll try sucmnsee's suggestion & see if I can find this plugin backup maker.

I've another box on order, I might try a different image on that box if I don't get this resolved in the mean time.

on most enigma 2 img the picons can be on the usb stick or hdd you may have to mount the drive in the img
all you have to do is copy the yellow folder called picon to the usb stick then put it in the box it should find them

i have inc a set of picons 28.2 just unrar copy just the yellow folder to usb stick

Attachments

• picon.rar
    2.5 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Back