Cloud ibox2 plus image

cardiff35

Just ordered my 1st ibox2.
Which image is best for this?
I've used openpli before on other boxes.
I've heard great reviews for blackhole & vix on vu+.
And where can I get copies of backups to take all work out of setting up?
I like slyhd skins. thanks in advance.

as your box is a clone i would advise no 2014 images as a lot of boxes have died with recent images.

sorry had to remove the link.... you will find all the files there, i used jenson everest PLi everything you need is on the file even the sky skin, what ever you do dont do the updates or you will crash it, but what is the worst you only have to to put it back on again i change months ago from the F5, best thing i ever did changing and it did not cost the earth, people moan saying dont buy clones, why go out and spend nearly £200, when you can get a good box with excellent EPG for £70... check out my son's review..http://www.techkings.org/cloud-ibox/53778-cloud-ibox2-review-guide-tutorial.html

Last edited:
you can get all the images you want from the ferrari site. they are clone safe that is all you really need. the cloud box is a very hit and miss box i would would not feel confident leaving one in stand by overnight as they do have a habbit of overheating. but then what can you expect for £70.00

Can I change the subject, for recording from Ibox to HDD or USB mem stick, does HDD have to be formatted to ext3 & mount plugin?

Not necessarily.
My type shows ext4 R/W
mounted to /media/hdd

Mines a 500gb taken out of a sky+hd box formatted to ntfs, plugged into usb before booting up, then initialised on ibox 2 plus in storage devices. If u dont see storage devices then restart. Then restarted to mount as hdd (hdd is important) This can also be done in setting's vix mount manager. But if it looks right u don't need to reboot. Then set epg, record, timeshift, and swapfile with autostart all on hdd.

---------- Post Merged at 01:38 AM ----------

Can I change the subject, for recording from Ibox to HDD or USB mem stick, does HDD have to be formatted to ext3 & mount plugin?

As ive been taught here. U need to have a usb attached at all times to these boxs. Work much better.but to play files from it just needs to be fat32. I think it may even be ok from ntfs if its just to read files from. If u dont see in media player use explorer to find and play.

Last edited:
you can get all the images you want from the ferrari site. they are clone safe that is all you really need. the cloud box is a very hit and miss box i would would not feel confident leaving one in stand by overnight as they do have a habbit of overheating. but then what can you expect for £70.00
The cloud ibox 1 was the one that overheated then a fan was installed, the cloud ibox2 and plus version has not got this issue and does not have a fan just a heat sink and runs very cool...

the cloud box 2 has got this isssue. my brother bought one against my advice it was overheating to a dangerous level. he sent it back and got another guess what same issue do he was sensible and bought a vu + duo

the cloud box 2 has got this isssue. my brother bought one against my advice it was overheating to a dangerous level. he sent it back and got another guess what same issue do he was sensible and bought a vu + duo[
i no the ibox 1 was causing this issue i have never heard till today that anyone has had this problem on the ibox2,

Ive had my Cloud Ibox 2 plus for a few days now and dont feel the box warm at all. I will keep a check on this though now Im aware of overhearing issue.

Last edited:
Back