CNM Touchpad 9 Dual Core - Won't Charge/Bootup

j4v3d

VIP Member
Hi,

I have a CNM Touchpad 9 dual core 9" Android 4.1 which was working fine before, it use to charge, i've had it for a couple of months and not been used, however when i try and charge it now it seems to be dead. However when you plug in the charger and then keep hold of the power button, the tablet responds and shows the CNM logo on the tablet but as soon as you take your finger off the power button the tablet is non responsive. It's made in China the tablet if that helps. Any ideas what i can do to power it up? It cannot have completely shutdown for good.

Any help/guidance would massively be appreciated.

Thanks
j4v3d
1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

Just had a look around and read 'Hold down the send plus the power button same time until u see the white screen, or try holding the power and volume button until it hard resets' not sure if will work as never used the CNM

Just had a look around and read 'Hold down the send plus the power button same time until u see the white screen, or try holding the power and volume button until it hard resets' not sure if will work as never used the CNM

I've had it on charge over night - tried the home plus volume up button & nothing - dont know what other buttons to press as there aren't many - will keep trying.

Let it fully discharge and leave it dead for a day or so then charge up again and try the send and power button as suggested above

Let it fully discharge and leave it dead for a day or so then charge up again and try the send and power button as suggested above

It's completely dead and will leave it on charge tonight & tomorrow as well. What is the send button? Only buttons I can see is the home and volume up & down button. No other buttons to press.

Can you get to the battery and disconnect it I had the same problem with a samsung tab and I had to unplug the battery connect the power lead and then connect the battery back in

Can you get to the battery and disconnect it I had the same problem with a samsung tab and I had to unplug the battery connect the power lead and then connect the battery back in

I've had a look and there's doesn't seem to be an easy way to get to the battery. There's two screws but dont think they're there to get to the battery.

I take it there is no reset button you can press with a paper clip etc?
There are a couple of ideas here
Its All about Android : Hard Reset Argos CnM TouchPad Android Tablets

Really cannot see a reset button anywhere, frustrating!

However when i plug in the old charger, the pin on it is slightly bent, it loads up the tablet, and shows the battery icon and it charging up, but then it disappears again. Grrr!

So looks like the new charger i bought doesn't seem to be doing anything. Maybe i need a new battery as well?

Last edited:
Hi,

Just want to provide an update, the tablet now comes on after using the OLD charger, the one with the bent pin. Left it to charge overnight and then checked yesterday morning, bang, it came on and showed it as fully charged, however the little rascal that used it has put a password on it, so need to do a full factory reset. It seems to charging bit may have come loose and needs fixing, i did plug in the new charger and after a gentle twist it showed it as charging.

Good news - the tablet is alive. :)

Back