Compatible router with plus net

I have plusnet and tried and Asus and a Netgear, neither worked as well as the original plastic one they provided.

What's your issue??

I'm on plusnet fibre to cabinet and use an unlocked huawei hg612 modem and a tplink archer ac 1750 router, plusnet supplied me with an eci modem and technicolour router. Using the plusnet supplied kit I had a max of 28 meg on an up to 40 meg connection and poor wireless range. Also it would completely lose connection every single day. Since I switched I have 34 meg connection on average, better wireless range and best of all no loss of connection. The only time new router has been reset was down to power cut or if I unplug it when moving stuff around.

I'm on a copper connection, no fibre where I live unfortunately so get a max connection of 20meg. I tried both the Asus and a Netgear router as a replacement for the small white plastic one they provide but the max speed I could get through both was 6meg. Spoke with Plusnet Technical and they suggested putting their original back on and use the Asus or Netgear as an extention to improve the wifi reception. My speed went back to 20meg imediately I plugged it in. Not had a problem since.

Fibre may be completely different. .

I use home plugs as well. So original router to home plug with a standard lan cable, home plug in lounge to other router with lan cable plugged into the lan port on the back. Go into other router home page on computer and turn dhcp off. Turn everything off and then back on again and it should be set.

Failing that Google router as an access point.

Am gonna try this, am not on fibre zgemma box always jumping and internet always dropping out on phone

No m8 just the speed test on smart tv bought a home plug seems a bit better but should be getting double that speed

When I had a problem I called plusnet and they could tell what the max speed was coming into my house, that's how I knew the asus router I was using a as crap.

How do you know you should get double?

Back