Complete backup LC constant fail

gaza1725

Morning all i have just made a brand new custom image using openATV latest image for the LC 04/03/2018.
When i try and do the complete backup i have mounted various usb sticks as usb if in the back of box or usb2 if in the front i also have the backupstick file on the sticks. The process starts no problem then right at the end just as its finishing creating the backup i get.
image creation failed-
Probable causes could be
Wrong backup destination
no space left on back-up device
no writing permission on back-up device.
Ive even tried mounting a stick as a HDD and using the back usb slot still no joy and ive used sticks that have sucessfully backed up before tried formatting them fat32 still no joy could it be the image is faulty can't think of anything else.

is the usb stick mounted as /media/hdd or /media/usb before you do the backup? to check press the red button and then select Plugins -> Mount Manager

Thanks for replying mate in the mount manager i have unmounted it and tryed remounting it as usb 1 and tried to backup with it in the back of box and tried usb2 and tried in the front. I have done complete backups this way before do i need to mount it as HDD ?. The box reboots after changing the mount as it should but just cant seem to get it to back up tried a few sticks that have been succesful before.
At the end when it fails theres files on the stick just they are not complete

This has got to be a image problem tried everthing mounted as media/usb put backupstick file on stick fails at the end everytime different sticks

mount it as just /media/hdd or /media/usb

Then when creating backup it gives you option to back up to hdd or usb, select the one that is the same as the mount point.

mount it as just /media/hdd or /media/usb

Then when creating backup it gives you option to back up to hdd or usb, select the one that is the same as the mount point.
Yeh tried it mate with different sticks same outcome every time it has to be the image fails with error from first post the files are on the stick but incomplete

Back