Complete newbie - Triple Dragon box

Hi all

A few years ago I bought a Triple Dragon box and subscribed to a cardsharing server. It worked fine for a year, I had access to a lot of channels (had to keep resetting the box though) but then the server guy disappeared, the server stopped working and my box sat in the corner unused.

What is the best way for me to get back into it? Is the TD box any good or should I get a newer/better one? Are there any easy pointers for me to start using my equipment properly? I don't mind getting a new box if, as I suspect, the TD is not the best one.

I have read some of the threads but a lot of the talk goes way over my head, with talk of cams, Linux etc.

More interested in the European channels (eg 19.2, Hotbird) than Sky.

Sorry if I'm being a pain (and for posting this in the wrong place to start with, not been a good day!) but I just need showing the right way.

Thanks

Hi mate, I would have thought your triple dragon would still be fine to use. You need to find what type of image (ie like windows) your are using. Maybe posting some screen shots. If the triple dragon is sd only then it may be running enigma 1, I'm guessing your box is connected to the net. You could download a dreambox controle centre to your pc. This should allow you to find the ip of your td box. The item what is missing is your need a new cline or "line" dependent of the cam you where using. You will need to get a test line from a supplier and enter it into your box. It depends on what image and what cam you are using but if its an enigma 1 image then you need to edit your cccam.cfg file thats located in var/ect. If its newcamd or mgcamd then its another place.

Hi, thanks for the info. I used to have a guy who came round and did all the computer stuff for me - I am pretty good with computers but the whole image/cam/cline language is new to me (I'm learning). It looks like from the TD menu that I have a Gbox Plugin 1.07.00, I'm guessing this is a cam?

I dont know if this is possible but could you post a picture of a screen so we can at least see if you are using enigma 1 or not.

---------- Post Merged at 09:14 AM ----------

It looks like your receiver is enigma 1. There is a youtube video that shows how to cardshare on triple dragon. Due to the fact I am new I cannot post links to the vid directly.

Found a vid on Youtube, but do I really need 2 boxes? Wasn't ready to share a card just yet, just wanted to join a cardsharing server. (It's not that I don't want to share, just want to do one thing at a time ...)

no no not at all I found the vid to give you an idea as to what you can do. The part where he uses dreambox control centre to access your box is one of the bits you need to look at. That is how you would put your cline into your box. If your box is using gbox then you will need to get a gbox share if you can install cccam which is more popular, hopefully from an online server through the box then you will just have to put your cline into your cccam.cfg file.

OK - thanks. I'll have another look and try and work out the best way to do it, still looks a little bit complicated. I don't like the TD box much so I might consider getting a new box too.

i have the ssame issue please help

OK - thanks. I'll have another look and try and work out the best way to do it, still looks a little bit complicated. I don't like the TD box much so I might consider getting a new box too.

I have a TD it has Gbox and MGcam, I am looking fo a reliable C line source. As the one i use keeps having card issues and server problems. Can anyone help. Oh i have the TD software on my PC so all setup just need the provider

Cheers

Back