Complete newbie

Acolon

Hi Guy's i have had an f5s for a while. and have stupidly bought an octogaon sf8 after reading a setup guide on this forum. Now i can't find the guide and am in complete meltdown as their seem to be few guides on this box. i did want to get the vu +solo but a little beyond my budget. I know this thing has a vix image pre installed can i use my cline for the f5s on this and is there a guide to set up the channels etc. Many Thanks in advance.

Mate just follow the same set-up guide positioned under the vu duo section the set-up is exactly the same as its on the vix image.

I had previously set up the vu duo before this box and can confidently say there is no difference in the set up the boxes differ on the day to day functionality only.

---------- Post Merged at 05:46 PM ----------

Here ya go mate.

http://www.techkings.org/vu-duo-support/40242-how-set-up-your-vu-duo-vix.html

Thanks

Cheers mate. Do you know if that octogon sf8 is an upgrade on the skybox f5s i have or is it just money down the drain? Most posts here say the linux boxes are better. Thanks for the link too buddy

The octagon is a far better box mate.

I had the f5s about 4 weeks and was ready to throw it out the window- drove me crazy.

We have the vu duo and the octagon box in the house and both are great boxes- the octagon can be a bit sluggish in comparison to the vu duo but thats understandable.

Youll be delighted with the octagon coming from the f5s- not a waste of money at all.

Thanks guys I have done the wheelo guide but my n:line won't work everything looks right but I dunno if only the line details should be in the cam.cfg file if not where do I put it in the cfg file that is there. Tia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try putting ur CCcam.cfg into the 'etc' folder
Make sure you have ur softcam manager installed 1st

Thanks alot guy's all sorted just factory reset and read the damn tutorial right this time LMAO. Now i got see what other goodies i can get from this box heard there are lots of plugins which i assume i will need a usb drive fitted to install.

Think you can install without usb but if its same as ibox better setting up most stuff to usb to take the pressure off the box.

Back