completely new and need help with deambox 500s

mellow

Hi guys,

I need some help, I've done a lot of reading, but am unable to set up my 500s box. I have downloaded a ccam file I think it's 2.2.1 and put it in the temp folder on the box.

I then loaded the cam file using the blue button. But this is as far as I get. When I check the var/etc folder there is no ccam file to add a c line to.

Don't know where I'm going wrong, maybe some one can give me some step by step instructions and files or point me to where I can download them ?

By the way I don't have a null cable and have been accessing the dreambox via a network connection.

Thanks mellow

What image are you using?

If it's OpenPLI then the cam can be downloaded from within the firmware.

If you are using Commando 15, then do the following:-

Go to www.dreamboxtool.com. Download “CCcam 2.3.0 for Dreambox” from the CCcam page. Use Dreambox Control Centre (DCC) to FTP CCcam.ppc to var/bin/emu. Change name to CCcam. FTP CCcam.cfg to var/etc. Add your own line to line 1 (rest of file can be deleted if preferred). Press blue > commando extras menu > softcam menu. Select CCcam = ON.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have Gemini image on the box i think as when i switch it on it loads with a picture of a woman and gemini over the screen.

Like i said totally new to this...

I have downloaded the files for cccam 2.3.0 from the site suggested in the above post, but when i open the zipped files i get 4 files as follows ?

(1) gp-cam-cam_2.3.0-r0_mipsel.ipk
(2) gp-config-cam_20111216-r0_mipsel.ipk
(3) e2-cccam-config_111216.tar.gz
(4) e2-mipsel-cccam_2.3.0_111216.tar.gz

Not sure what goes where ?

Thanks Mellow

As a novice you will be better off with the PLI image [download direct from their site]---once installed just follow onscreen instructions to set box up. Then download a copy of flashfxp and use it to enter your cline.

You will need a RS232 null modem cable.
Download a copy of dreamup
Flashfxp as mentioned.
Cline from a server

Reaper.

I've never used Gemini image myself, only OpenPLI & Commando.

As the reaper says, OpenPLI is simpler to set up. It's the first Image I used on my DM500, but I now use Commando 15.

The OpenPLI image I use is an "all-in-one" image that contains GetEPG & Autobouquets which I've attached below. I've also written a short setup guide to get you going from scratch.

btw...mellow, it appears that you have downloaded the wrong file. If you still need it, make sure it's the one for Dreambox. As the download page says, it should contain the files:-

CCcam.armeb

CCcam.armeb.eabi

CCcam.cfg

CCcam.mipsel

CCcam.ppc

CCcam.x86

CCcam.x86_old_glibc_2.1.3

All within a folder called CCcam-2.3.0.

Attachments

• OpenPLi-alpha-dm500-maxvar-20130528-306M-UK-282E-UKCVS-GYPSY-backup.rar
    5.7 MB · Views: 85
  • OpenPLI image on Dreambox DM500s.doc
    25 KB · Views: 104
Hi Kremmen,

Thanks for the info, but when i try to open the zipped file i get errors ???

Mellow

Strange. Just downloaded it myself with no problems.

I have had problems in the past with some compressed files getting corrupted using Internet Explorer (it's a known bug). To get round it, I've had to use Firefox to download the file.

If using Pli then no need to download CCcam---it's in the image file. You only have to add your line.
Reaper.

I downloaded it o.k but couldnt open it. I'll tried with firefox and same problem, file wont open, i get error message "internal processing iso image" ???

Guys,

Thanks for all the help, I am using filezilla as i dont have a null cable, i guess this is the problem... ?

Is there anyway of doing this without a null cable ?

Mellow

If you use Dreamup to flash then you need the cable----the procedure is shown in full on you-tube,
Cable is cheap from the inet ie e-bay/amazon or vorrow one.
There are other methods of flashing but as your box is 99% a clone I advise using Dreamup with a safe image --Pli.
Reaper.

does this boquet downloader still work? have just came across it and would be much handier than manually updating on my little old dm500s clone

Back