Configurable USB Loader - Nintendo Wii.

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
Here is a You tube clip of what the Configurable USB Loader can do and what it looks like.

[video=youtube;pBbFuzuavUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBbFuzuavUE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Before you can install this loader, you must have these installed already:-

The Homebrew Channel - which I presume you have if you are reading this.
IOS 236.
Hermes' IOS222/223.

How to install IOS 236

Installation procedure

1. Remove all GameCube memory cards.
* This step is very important. Do not ignore it .
2. your Wii needs to be connected to the Internet
3. Unzip the IOS236 Installer zip file and copy the IOS236 directory and its contents to sd:/apps.
* You should now have an sd:/apps/IOS236/boot.dol file among others.
4. Run IOS236 Installer from the Homebrew Channel.
5. Read the startup messages then press 1
6. Choose "Download IOS from NUS" with the D-pad.
7. Confirm your choice with the A button
8. When prompted, push A to continue the installation
9. Read about what Step 2 entails and push the appropriate button
* One would hope that you would be pushing "B" as this is a tutorial for non-pirates that want to use USB Loaders responsibly.
10. Push any button to exit when complete.

How To Install Hermes' IOS222/223

Installation procedure

1. Remove all GameCube memory cards and controllers.
* This step is very important. Do not ignore it .
2. UnRAR apps.rar to the root of the SD card
3. Start HomeBrew Channel and start the cIOS 222 Installer
4. Read the warning message and push A
5. Select IOS236 to perform the install with D-pad left/right and push A
* If you don't have IOS236, then pay more attention to the "What you should install first" section above.
6. Select to Install Custom IOS 222 and push A
7. Select IOS38 merged with IOS37 and push A
8. Wait for download and installation to complete
* If installation fails, try reinstalling IOS236
9. Start HomeBrew Channel and start the cIOS 222 Installer again
10. Select IOS236 to perform the install again
11. Select to Install Custom IOS 223 and push A
12. Select IOS38 merged with IOS60 and push A
* IOS223 gives you an alternative option for merged IOS in this way. It is exactly the same as IOS222 otherwise.
* Experiment with other merges or not merging at all if neither of the options provided here work for you.

Next you can format your SD card.

Put this download onto your SD card, open the Homebrew Channel, then select "Configurable Loader" and you are all set.

As an optional extra, you can install a Forwarder, which looks like a channel on the Wii System Menu. This means you can select this and the Wii opens the CFG Loader without having to open the Homebrew Channel.

To Do this Download This and put it on the root of your SD card, you will be told that there already is a folder called "apps", Blah, Blah , Blah Select "yes". Put the Sd back in the Wii. open the Homebrew channel and select "Wad Manager".read the disclaimer, then press "A". Select IOS 249 as the IOS version to use (this should already be selected), press "A". Press "A". Press "A". Press "A". On the next screen, ensure that "select action: <install wad>" is selected, then press "A". Wad Manager then Goes off and does what it does. "hit any button to continue", then press "B" then press the "Home" button and you are back in the HomeBrew Channel. exit to System Menu and you now have the Configurable USB Loader Channel.

HAVE FUN

Doing this incorrectly can damage your Wii, so follow the instructions carefully and fully. Neither TechKings, nor I take any responsibility for any damage caused to your Wii

Last edited:
Ok, i have this installed ad tryed backing up Metroid Other M but i couldnt because its apparently a dual layered DVD, and the IOS or w/e i have has known problems with dual layer discs, Any ideas?

Also i read that if i want to play the game (In the instruction booklet) i have to have the most up-to-date softwear and since my wii is 4.2 i dont know what to do, it also said if i dont accept the update and i have unregistered softwear it will make my wii inoperable

Last edited:
Ok, i have this installed ad tryed backing up Metroid Other M but i couldnt because its apparently a dual layered DVD, and the IOS or w/e i have has known problems with dual layer discs, Any ideas?

Also i read that if i want to play the game (In the instruction booklet) i have to have the most up-to-date softwear and since my wii is 4.2 i dont know what to do, it also said if i dont accept the update and i have unregistered softwear it will make my wii inoperable

Just wanted to make sure this would be marked as a new message because i know editing my old post doesnt push it to be able to be noticed by others

genesis, that is not correct, you don't need the latest firmware, i am only on 4.1 and can play it, what do you mean by w/e? sorry i didn't get back sooner, i just didn't notice the post. you say you tried to back it up, what exactly do you mean by that?

wheelo

By backing it up i mean putting it on a External USB harddrive Through both of the channels you sent me.

also w/e means what ever

there should be no problem putting the game onto the hard drive. have you formatted it to WBFS? is there anything else on the hard drive? if it is formatted, all youshould have to do is 1 put the game into the Wii, 2. open the usb loader channel, then 3. press the "+" button and it should load it.
when you try this, what is happening on the screen? give me as much info as possible and it will help me pinpoint the problem

Well while i am using the USB Loader enclosed above, Before i can even install the game it says "NOTE: You are using CIOS249 rev14:it has known problems with dual layer games. It is highly reccomended that you use a different IOS or revision for installation/playback of this game."

genesis go to the wii section and get rev 17 and that will work,sorry to butt in wheelo

yup, that one, thanks sinno. always butt in mate, i am bunched, was in work at 0450 this morning.

I know how you feel,ios 236 seems to be the way forward even for all modding now,so without stepping on peoples toes that might be the new guide basis,on a side note good news on the psp3000 and go front,expect a cfw by christmass

Okay looks like that worked, Other M Is able to be played w/o disc thanks sinnoh ^w^ and wheelio, if i need any other help "I will be back"

glad that worked mate, good for you, you buy the 128G drive or did you get something else? either way 128 will hold about 45 games (y)

:mancity:

i got a external harddrive for 40$ as the offer for the usb thing ran out and i could no longer found it this one was 120 gigs

Ok no problems with the loader yet except, on SSBB where i got some errors, but im pretty sure that was the disc because it was kinda messed up. And now i have installed Monster Hunter Tri and i tryed to play it but when i click start on the monster hunter menu my wii freezes and i have to manually restart it, Any suggestions?.

Hi Gemini,
Monster hunter tri is one of them games that was just trouble from the start, to solve it, select the game as if you were going to play it, you have three options on the screen, press "A" to continue (load), press "B" to go back, and the one you are going to use, press "1" for options.
in options, change language to japanese (this will not effect the game language), then change the ios to "222-mload" then press "2" to save settings, then press "A" and the game should work.

Thanks, i should try solving things by myself, caus ei fixed it befor eyou posted just never got back to saying problem solved, lol Thanks anyways

Back