Confused as hell!

Hey,

So I have a line for sky, iv also purchased a line for virgin. I flashed my h2h and put wooshbuild on it and set it up for sky and added my Cccam line in and all worked fine. I then setup Virgin BUT have not added my line for cable.

I thought I'll see what happens if I try to watch a channel from virgin, so I put Sky Sports HD1 on and watch the Leicester V Tottenham game tonight. I was surprised this worked, I also can watch all the HD sky movies etc...

I thought you need 2 lines, one for Sky and one for Virgin? So I'm confused!

I did have Virgin for free for 3 months as I purchased a new build property and Red Row had a deal with Virgin where they would setup your house for free to have their top package (phone, broadband and tv) for free for 3 months with no contract. So after 3 months I cancelled and have not had virgin now for exactly a year now. Have they left my account active by mistake even though I havent paid them a penny or is it somehow possible to use a satellite line to work on Cable?

I'm so confused!

Last edited:
Some providers lines will work for both so that's probably the case here :)

I asked the guy at (3wows) and he said I would need a separate line which I paid. So I'm still confused and not sure if virgin have forgot to switch my services off from a year ago.

The guy at 3wows can keep my cash even though I don't need the second line now since cable is working fine as he offers a good line service.

Saying that you are probably right as I remember a good 10+ years ago I used cracked modems to get free telewest broadband as back then it was all based off MAC Addresses and aslong as you knew someone who had virgin/telewest/ntl and got the MAC Address of their modem and cloned it onto the cracked one you could get free broadband. Is that still how it works these days as if so then since I don't have a Mac address for a tv box in my area I'm guessing it can't be because virgin have left my services on by mistake.

Anyone know how it all works these days?

I am guessing your line provider is a reseller and doesn't really know the ins and outs of what he's selling.

Regardless if you have a genuine box with any tv package, these channels wont just come through on a zgemma box. Genuine equipment is activated when you ring them up - you could for example take your genuine vm box to a mates house and as long as he has a vm connection in his house, even though he's not got any subscription running through it & as long as it hasn't been disconnected, you could plug it in at his house and it would be fully operational as like I say, it's the equipment that gets activated.

Back