Connecting 2 Boxes with only 2 cables?

sullydog

Hi
I have been volunteered to install a Blade 5000 for my sister.

at present she has a Humax Foxsat HDR for FREESAT and recording etc. This is connected to a twin LNB dish with 2 cables.

Also on the Humax is a loop out connector, so I've connected the Blade to it and it all works ok. EXCEPT

if the Humax switches on to record a preset channel the signal to the Blade is lost.

with limited knowledge of such issues, i tried the following:-

Switched on and watching Blade SS1
Switched on Humax and tuned to BBC 1 HD and signal disappeared on Blade
Changed channel on Humax to BBC2 and Blade signal came back on.

I've read i little about Vertical and Horizontal tuning, so i suspect it is something to do with this?
If so can i split 1 of the LNB feeds using a simple device (ebay F splitter)? OR is it definately an extra cable (and possibly a quad LNB)?

i Think i could sacrifice some of the Humax functionality by using the loop out to feed the LNB2 IN, and then use the spare cable for the Blade on its own.

anyone out there with greater experience got a solution.

cheers

I am not sure if the following is correct but I think you can only use the loop out connector if you are watching or recording channels which are on the same frequency.

Try getting a new lmb with 4 outputs it. Is the best way and you won't lose any signal output

i know you are probably correct, but i was hoping not to have the hassle of running extra cables etc.
3rd storey flat !!

has anyone used a Sat Multiswitch for a similar application?

Thanks for link
i'll have a look at it
cheers

---------- Post Merged at 06:21 PM ----------

Thanks for link
i'll have a look at it
cheers

---------- Post Merged at 06:25 PM ----------

Had a quick look.
not sure how this would work.
i already have 2 feeds and i need to expand to 3.
if the 2 feeds are plugged into stacker adjacent to dish , sent to tv via 1 cable, and then de-stacked back into 2 feeds, i cant see the benefit.
sorry if I've missed something, and i am willing to be shown otherwise.
thanks

New lab is the best way but otherwise your gonna have to sacrifice one of the inputs to the free sat box and use that for the blade

do what others do and play it safe use 1 cable per tuner and add more cables and bigger lnb,if you do it wrong what will blow up?:fartlight:

Back