Connecting a second box

willmoore

What's the best way to connect a second box (non sky) to a Sky box to get 'other' channels. Can I loop out of the Sky box or should I split the cable (as only one box will be in use at a time)
Not an option to run another cable from the dish and both cables are required to stay in the Sky dish.

TIA
Will

Cannot split the cable, only way is run another cable from the dish or have only one cable going to sky box so you can only watch the channel and cant record another, and the use the spare to go to your new box

Thanks - is there a reason why I can not use a splitter on the cable ? Not looking to split the signal just redirect it from one box to the other.

you cant split the cable at all mate, either use one cable on sky box and one on the 2nd box or plug both in sky box and just take one cable out when you want to use the 2nd box. If you dont do alot of recording then it shouldn't be a problem

one reason why people need to research first before doing diy projects.

never ever split sat cables as possibility of boxes blowing up or going on fire,upgrade your lnb to allow more cable runs so each tuner has its own feed.

need clarification on that reading it it says up to 8 receivers [ single connection ] sky+hd uses 2

If you are only going to use 1 box at a time, then you could try an A-B switch box.

Connect the cable that normally goes to dish 2 of the sky+ box to the input of the A-B box, then connect 1 output to dish 2 of the Sky+ box, & the other output to the LNB input of the other box.

You will need to make sure that you switch the box back to the sky+ box if you want to make any recordings, as they might fail otherwise.

F Type Satellite Cable A-B Switch FREE P&P - UK SELLER | eBay

Back