Considering a vu+solo2

andy86

hi guys I currently have a v5s which I bought with a 12 month "gift" pre installed and ready to go this "gift" is due to expire soon and im considering getting a new box

im not very tech savvy but have just about got my head around checking ajsat occasionally and updating the channel list

ive looked at a few videos and like the look of the vu+solo2 but im worried as im not in the slightest bit tech savvy that il be getting in over my head
so would appreciate some help/advice
It would be nice to have the ability to watch one channel whilst the wife records one of her awful programmes

is the vu+ simple to use
do you have to occasionally update the channel list?
do they come with "gifts" or atleast can you get them?
how much should I be looking to pay inc gift the prices differ vastly on ebay

like I said previously im not exactly tech savvy so I apologise if im asking anything daft but all ive ever had to do is plug it in and play apart from the odd list update and being completely honest some of thbe stuff ive read on here nay aswell have been in a foreign language I couldn't make sense of most of it

thanks in advance guys

excellent boxes needing 2 sat feeds and buy from wos so you get an original working box,they can flash image of your choice ,we use vix,box updates channel list,epg etc daily automatically when setup correctly.only idiots buy boxes + gifts on ebay and they dont last 12 months more likely 3 months so extra money in their pocket,we have a section here that you can request a line.

http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...-satellite-cccam-pay-server-request-only.html

if you join wos you will get a discount,noticed today is the start of the new years sale
HTML:
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/VU/VU-Solo-2-Solo2-Twin-Tuner-DVB-S2-HD-Enigma2-Linux-Satellite-Receiver

the only work involved is to ftp your line over,i prefare a nline which uses mgcamd and newcamd list
others prefare a cline using cccam

filezilla client on pc or dreambox control centre.

Hi cactikid

as you know im probably in same boat that Andy86 is/was

just picked up on your comment "it needs 2 sat feeds"

does that mean it wont work on 1 if you loop the tuners?

its just that I only have 1 cable at present and im not going up the ladder until the wind drops LOL

thanks ,there is always good info in your responses.

cheers

no use 2 feeds like sky do then you view and record.

ok I understand, although I don't do a lot of recording, currently I rely on iplayer etc on Virgin, but as soon as I'm happy with new box Virgin are being booted out.

does iplayer and ITV version work ok on Vu? It was crap on my last Vu (clone)

to keep my "boss" happy I may put a decent Freesat box with iplayer etc.

After two years of skybox f5s problems and after finally getting to grips with "some" of the alien terminology I upgraded to a solo2. What a fantastic box. I,m over the moon with it.
I purchased it from a supplier with latest firmware, channel list and nlines installed he also installed a load of plugins like Iplayer itv player etc. loads of movie hosts, and the best glitch free lines ever no pauses whatsoever. EPG updated automatically daily at 0600 and a two button channel list upgrade whenever. I can record two channels while watching another. There is an option to purchase a box with internal HDD or in my case I use an external 1Tet. HDD.
The support by email is exceptional and rarely more than a half hour wait. Loads of technical videos and tuition available too. I don,t know the rules about recommending suppliers so I,ll be happy to reply to a private message.

most buy off wos as box is original with warranty and now you know why we rate them so highly,if supplier is caught selling a working box god help him so better not name him lol.

I have already set up and configured an Cloud iBox 2 se. Quite pleased with the box and its functions.
I have a very persuasive son who has now laid claim to the box for his flat. (I never even made a profit)
Anyway I am looking to purchase a new box. My question is what benefits will I get by spending more on a vu + -solo 2 compared to the Cloud ibox2 se.?
Thanks

mini versus ferrari go figure that out, vu solo2 original is one of the best boxes out there jusk ask those newbies who finally have control over there box,box is very well supported by vix [ hopefully when new site is up again ] dont need to worry about images for original boxes but you do with clones [what model do i have ahh used wrong image lol ]

when you get a vu solo2 you will see what a real sat box does.

got mine from WOS vu+solo2 with the vix team image which is the best image to use as its well supported and theres some great guides about i used the vix manual guide which is simple to follow if you decide to go down the route of getting a cloud box which by the way are clones funny thing is that you can actualy get a clone of the cloud box so if you do get a cloud box which people advertise as genuine cloud box in reality you have still bought a clone box
you get what you pay for

Back